Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like people either love them or hate them but it seems like I’m able to focus past the fiber optic and connect better with the target.

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
Years ago I tried one - tried green and red too. They seemed to "light up" too much for me back then and distracted my eye.
Who knows, I am a lot older now, things change. I do not use them but will not say I won't in the future.

·
Registered
55 Posts
When shooting moving targets, experience has proven sharp focus on the target is the key to success. I personally prefer to not have a bright bead to draw focus off the target to the barrel. Bead checking changes gun movement and usually results in misses.

·
Registered
14,903 Posts
When shooting moving targets, experience has proven sharp focus on the target is the key to success. I personally prefer to not have a bright bead to draw focus off the target to the barrel. Bead checking changes gun movement and usually results in misses.
^^^^^^What joe said!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have two very similar shotguns. One has a white bead. The other a fiber optic. I shoot them equally well in the daylight. I believe I shoot the fiber optic gun better at night when the lights are on.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I try one from time to time as an attempt to add a target or two to my average. It never helps, and I go back to the white one.

·
Registered
632 Posts
On my combo the single has one and the o/u doesn’t. It doesn’t make a difference to me. A few weeks ago when a similar thread came up I had to check to see what color was on the gun.

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,194 Posts
I used the one from meadows as it doubles as a crossfire blinder. There’s a white light pipe too if I ever want to switch. I like the green, but it took a while to avoid bead checking. Definitely draws the eye.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I run the Hi viz compsight with the small green tube i shot a friends gun with the orange and my eyes were confused. My 725 did come with one of it wasn’t for that I probably wouldn’t of tried one but now that’s the first thing I install.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Most of what I jave just has plain metal beads. My Stoeger SxS that I mostly hunt with came with what they called fiber optic beads. However they are really nothing more than red plastic beads. They just don't seem to collect any light. The CX has white beads so I guess I will see how that works out

1 - 20 of 55 Posts