Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a Python that needs a new hammer and a blue job possibley. Who can I get some prices from, thanks Ted

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
Fords is the best if you really want it to be the most beautiful...it just takes time because they are well known,..they redid my nickel finish Python a few years ago and it was gorgeous

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
If you want more than good looks, I would send it only to Colt. Pythons are the most difficult gun to take apart and get back together IN TIME that there is. I learned the hard way in gunsmith school.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
If you are going to have it reblued, I would only send it to Colt. Unless times have changed, only Colt can duplicate the original blue. Don't devalue the gun, they are too expensive.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
absolutely check with colt first. i'd be surprised if anyone could do it better, cheaper, quicker and assure the same peace of mind. i sent them a 2" nickel python slightly out of time. they sent it back; new parts, fitted, shipped: no charge. its perfect. like new. i'd take a chance on getting some of that! good luck with it

·
Registered
911 Posts
I totally agree with everyone above. A nice Python is worth nearly $2K now, and not having it done right would be a shame. The only other place I would even consider is Turnbull Restorations, but I would bet they would be double what Colt would charge you.

This is too nice a gun to fool around with, have it done right the first time by them that knows.

Randy

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Send it to Colt. I came across a 1924 Army Special 38 a couple years ago that was in VG shape, but I wanted it perfect. For $200, Colt made it like new. Even the action is hand tuned, just the same as they did on those pistols when they were new. It shoots like a dream. Not a Python, but almost.

Gene Batchelar
Wheaton, IL

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I would go directly to Colt. Any others would only mean a decrease in the value of the gun. You will also have official papers from Colt that become part of its history...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.