Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own one and shoot several Rizzinis. The old Premier/ new BR320 define a Sporting Clays gun in its price range. Great barrels, terrific chokes good price, really nice adjustable comb. You can't find a nicer gun IMO until you spend $2k more.

I really like their field guns too, and the new top single trap (soon to be a combo) looks like a winner. Shoots terrific.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Good field and sporting guns. I have a 12ga 32" r/h Premier Sporter for sale with one box of shells through it. Retail was $3500. Will roll this one for $2400 shipped to your FFL.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I've got the S2000 Trap - perhaps the only Trap version in the states, as all I've ever seen advertised in any of the lines is the Sporting version. It's a nice gun, although distinctly lighter than my P-gun. The S2000, FWIW, is the step above the Premier, with sideplates and a silver receiver finish. I'd love to sell it, as it sits in the safe while I shoot the P-gun. I've put about a flat plus or minus through it.

Tony

·
Registered
278 Posts
I own a Premier grade that I do use and love the gun. I was told by several dealers when I was doing my research on what gun to purchase it was the best quality for the money. I think they are right. However as much as I love that gun, I shoot my mod 12 with more consistency, but I am still glad I own the Rizzini.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I have an older Rizzini field gun with two triggers and fixed chokes that's my pheasant gun. I absolutely love it! Well made, light weight, points very easily. Not the best choice for the trap range, though.

Porkypine

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought a Sig Rizzini model TT25 one year ago this month. It has 30"
barrels and a complete set of chokes. I did not buy it with the intent of
trap shooting, but rather to use for sporting clays.
With that said, I shot over 6,000 rounds through it, sheet, ATA trap and
sporting clays.
Without a raised cheek rest, the gun shoots to flat to be a good trap gun.
If you get a Rizzini, make sure it has an adjustable comb.
I bought a Krieghoff for singles and handicap and shoot the Rizzini in doubles.
I will keep the Rizzini because it is a good all around gun, and is a very
good sheet gun, (yes, I am one of those who believe shooting sheet, etc.
helps your trap game also).
Spend the extra money and buy new or used with below 1,000 rounds through it.
Ken

·
Registered
144 Posts
I can only assume the original post was concerning the Battista Rizzini guns as there are many "Rizzinis" but not all the same.
I like the B. Rizzini gun although I have not seen any for trapshooting. I prefer the B. Rizzini guns that used to be imported and sold thru Sigarms

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've got a Sigarms B Rizzini TT-25 in 20 gauge that I just love. Really a fun gun to shoot and I've done pretty well with it shooting trap doubles. I would recommend it to anyone, although, the chokes on the Sigarms guns can be a little screwy.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Here is a perfect rundown on the different "Rizzini" guns.
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=69662

Also, it appears Rizzini USA has issued a warning for to those trying to sell Verona guns as "Rizzinis" in US.
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=99469

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.