Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
I am going to have 3 drams tonight. One dram of Laphroaig 15; one dram of Laphroaig 18 year old; and the final one will be a Laphroaig 30 year old.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Earl,

In case my Christmas package doesn't arrive at your place by tomorrow, here's a picture of your present.

-Gary :p

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
No one. Past-President Neal Crausbay has already explained it here - he was there and remembers what happened. I was there too, but I was just watching (and voting "yes.") All of those stories about Winchester and market share and all that - it's just a bunch of hooey. No one was trying to help any manufacturer, no one was keeping secrets, all that was made up to tell a story much more interesting - but less true - than the uncomplicated facts.

It was just time to get in step with the people who who knew what was going on, the technicians at SAAMI. They know how shells are made, what sort of standards are appropriate, and had devised the mechanics and statistics for testing them. There was not then - say 1992 or 1993 - anyone connected with the ATA with much understanding of any of this and it was clear where the future was (not black powder) and so we got on board.

Discussion lasted a no time at all and the motion passed with a comfortable majority. It was so quick, so non-controversial, that it never even made it into the minutes.

Neil

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
That's an interesting wall sculpture...Obviously the artist was also a genetic engineer who thought that crossing a cormorant with a turkey would be an interesting mix.

Chip

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
It was.............wait for it.......................................................................HORTON

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lgPcAxkxoio" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qIfuNPbBaaA?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
14,688 Posts
minnship,

Get your act together. Those are Northern Golden Lesser Comorants.

They are quite populated in the great lakes region.

We often fight them off when we set the hoops for target height. Don't know what it is....they attack target hoops.

The trophy is an excellant depiction of their normal flight pattern.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Longwind...Did your Mom have to tie a porkchop around your neck so the neighborhood dogs would play with you?????

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Settermqan, we have them in great numbers.........They eat a pound and a half of fish each day. My Friday night perch dinner now costs around 14 bucks because of those wretched creatures.

A game warden told me, Oh, those are protected (wink, Wink).

HM

1 - 20 of 29 Posts