Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was shooting with a friend last night who just got a 1970's Perazzi made for Ithaca single barrel Trap Gun. I think he said it was a TM-1 or TMX-1. He had just bought what he thought were the right chokes from Briley. When he tried to install them the thread wasn't quite right. He showed me the original choke that came out of the gun. It had only the letter G imprinted on the side no other markings. It is a thin wall choke tube. I have included a couple of pictures( not the best sorry) I hope someone can help.

Thanks

George Ware

Attachments

·
Registered
835 Posts
I've had several P guns that looks to me,like a TM1 and it may be a #6 not a g which would be IMod . That is the way Perazzi marks them. Check the bore size. Gordy H

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gordy
He told me the choke measure .720. He is trying to get different chokes for it but the aftermarket Brileys just didn't fit. Who would have the right choke or do you have to talk with someone and give the thread count on the choke in order to get the right one?

George

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
To me it looks like an early Colonial. The thread pattern at the bottom signifies the chokes are Perazzi's second generation. I woulg call Briley and ask if you send them the existing choke to them can they duplicate the thread pattern.

Surfer

·
Registered
835 Posts
Gordy
He told me the choke measure .720. He is trying to get different chokes for it but the aftermarket Brileys just didn't fit. Who would have the right choke or do you have to talk with someone and give the thread count on the choke in order to get the right one?

George
Call Perazzi, I still Bet it's a 2nd Gen. Im Mod. Also Wrights have been very helpful for me. The bore size also makes a difference, mine on a MX15 is 18.4 Gordy

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Surfer and Gordy
I will forward this information. I think he ordered a 1st gen choke from Briley

Thanks
George

1 - 8 of 8 Posts