Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Benchmade are amoung the best,,,,,,,are you loking for a single blade tactical type,,,a multi blade utility ,,a swiss army type,,,just like trap guns,,,lots to chose from,,,differnt tool for differnt job,,,try the above link...or the one below http://www.maxxknives.com/products/?cat=&manu=6&a=&q=&g=3&s=

·
Registered
16,840 Posts
Depends on what you want. I had a Remington bird knife that was great.

I have a utility Schrade now that I can almost saw 2X4's with, use it for lots of stuff.

There's a Case outlet in Joplin, Mo or thereabouts that has some very nice ones to choose from.

HM

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sog, Spyderco, Benchmade, Al-mar. Depends on your price range. Don't know who makes them but the Beretta knives are pretty good. Stay away from the Boker ceramic blades. Neat idea, but fragile as hell.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Victronox---there ain't nuthin' you can't do with a Swiss Army knife.

I also like Buck knives if I want just a good single blade folding knife.

John C. Saubak

·
Registered
244 Posts
Case knives are pretty pricey. Bucks, Schrades, etc. are good. I usually just get the imports from China or Pakistan because I am so bad to lose them that I don't spend much money on them. So far I've been finding that the Chinese imports like Rough Riders are better in quality than the Frost Pakistani knives. My favorite and what I thought to be the best tradeoff in value/quality is Camillus, but I don't know if these American made knives are still around or not.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Gerber. or Retki. Every one knows about Gerbers. The best. Period. Retki, made in Finland. Razor sharp from the factory.; Easy to sharpen.30 seconds on a steel. Rubber handle. Hard to loose. I Love mine. Cableguy

·
Registered
313 Posts
Super Tinker Victornix!

I own almost all brands including the pricy ones but a Swiss Army is the handiest tool I own. Decent SS blades, scissors, screw drivers, even tweezers and a tooth pick!

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
So how do you go about sharpening a ceramic bladed knife?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Before you buy, check out Columbia River Knife and Tool (CRKT). They have the best features and value for the money....I like several other companies products such as Kershaw and Spyderco, but I keep going back to CRKT to find what I use the most.

SCTPdad

·
Registered
14 Posts
The question is who makes or sells the BEST pocket knife.

There is only one answer . . . Chris Reeves . . . and his Sebenza is the best knife I have ever owned.

Try one . . . you'll like it.

I also own Spyderco, Benchmade, Microtech, Buck, Schrade and several other serviceable knives, but IMO the Sebenza tops them all. YMMV . . . ;^)

Regards,
Ralph

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
My suggestion is to buy 5 different brands, a different one for each day of the week, and then keep your favorite for the weekends! How can you go wrong? :<)

·
5,445 Posts
Up until recently, I would've said Camillus (sic?). But I believe they've just gone bankrupt. But if you can find them - Yellow Jacket etc... US made, excellent quality.

Jay

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.