Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are many gifted smiths out there, this is not a post about Mike. Rather, I am looking for the gun smith who combines good prices, quick turn around, quality work and a good reputation when installing adjustable combs . Perhaps a refinish too. I used search with unsatisfactory results.

thanks
Chris

·
Registered
300 Posts
Tron is the man. He's done a couple combs for me, always fast, superb workmanship and excellent communication.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I can only speed from experience but rod Stumbo from rods custom stocks did mine and I'm well pleased. I have also seen todd Nelson's work from country gentalmen and he does great work also. Good luck with your journey.

Gary

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hello: I used Joe at Tronspace for my DT-10 adjustable comb. Fast turnaround and excellent work. We worked together to get the perfect adjustable comb for me. You can see the pics under his Tronspace forum here. Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
262 Posts
Mike Orlen cut down a 870 barrel and installed Trulock chokes for me at a very reasonable price and the turn around time was less than 2 weeks, he also touched up a few bare spots on the barrel I had put there. He also gives a discount to Shotgunworld members.

·
Banned
10,357 Posts
Mike Orlen is a guy up in the North East who does barrel work. I always found him to be reasonable and does good work. He has threaded several barrels for me and installed choke tubes in them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts