Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Probably me and my average reflects it. I need to slow down.

·
Registered
337 Posts
By far...the fastest....and EFFECTIVE shooter is none other than Fred Nagel. First time I shot with Fred was around 2000 at the Grand American. We were squadded together for the Clay Target shoot off. I was following Fred and all I can say is I was absolutely startled! He calls pull, target flys about 20 ft and a cloud of smoke about as big as a Hula Hoop erupts in front of me! LOL! I think I broke about 20.....LOL.....Jerry

·
Registered
258 Posts
Is there a new speed bonus that I missed? Sort of like the longest hitter of the golf ball on the driving range who spends most of his time in the woods when he actually gets on the golf course. The best shooters I've ever seen aren't necessarily fast, but they are smooth, and that ability to "do it right the first time" makes them look like they're shooting much faster than they really are. You can find lightening-fast shooters all over the country who average around a 20 per round...

·
Registered
303 Posts
No....fast ain't always good, but in Fred's case fast IS good. Look at his stats on the shooter information center.

I have also seen him shoot, and it is fun to watch.

Rob

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Thats what i meant by my average reflects it.....Its usually not a good thing. I find myself doing it when i'm having issues.

·
Premium Member
10,525 Posts
In doubles. Frankie Bently III. There are others that were just as fast but as they aged they slowed. Kay for one. He's still fast by average standards.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
BB, fast in what way? When they call and pull the trigger? I shoot with a guy that has an old Bt-99 Mod. choke that hits them about 20 feet out of the house. I hardly see them and they are smoke.

Wayne

·
Vendor
19,403 Posts
Wow! Fred Nagel is my new hero. I'll get a video or him next year at the SD State shoot and post it. Speed is good. Shoot faster. And practice shooting faster. Next season you'll have a better average

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
It's Robert Hight as the fastest. Phil Ross, to this day, is the fastest I've seen when he is really on in singles.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I watched Bob Gilbertson spank a hundred targets right out of the house from 27 yards to win the Ca. State Handicap some years ago. I think he has done it twice.

The gun would hit his shoulder as the barrel is moving up the back of the house and he'd call for the target, all at the same time....and he'd blow that thing up not 8 foot out. It was a sight.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
I never got to see Britt, but Martin has told me that he was lightening fast. I HAVE seen Clay Floyd a number of times, and he IS the fastest that I've ever seen, and he's acurate, too. I love watching him shoot.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.