Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there very many trap shooters shooting autoloaders for doubles?
If so what are you shooting....and what chokes?
thanx
mike

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have one for a backup gun a Beretta 390 sporting with a IM choke I'm goin to switch to a mod choke if I use it I ask the shooter next to me if it's ok to use it as I dont have a knockdown pin installed yet. Good luck zack h

·
Registered
619 Posts
I shoot an A400 exel sporting just for the heck of it sometimes in practice but always make sure there is 1 empty post on my right, that way nobody get po'd

·
Registered
940 Posts
I just sold the gun I used for doubles to a kid on our team that needed a gun. It was a 391 with a 30" trap barrel with knock down pin. I used a IM choke.

Reactions: phatkaw

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
I have a new generation Butler XX12. With a .025 choke tube it will bust them out to the landing zone. With the new shell catcher it will catch doubles easily which is pretty slick. If shooting throw away shells, they land softly just ahead of my feet. Best part is no muzzle jump and soft shooting as it gets.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
You can (I do) balance the springs in a Beretta 391 to drop the empties 2 feet to the right. The only downside is having to shoot the same power shell for both targets. The first one can't be wimpy like some folks like. But, hey, it's an autoloader.

For singles, any auto can be made into a single shot by adjusting the gas system ... remove the o-ring from an 1100, put a weak valve spring in a 391 ...etc.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
I shot a pair of Beretta 391s for years the one I used for doubles was a 32 in. bl. worked by ballistic specialties. Mod. choke with one oz. of 8 for first shot and lite target 1 1/8 of 8s for second.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I have a first generation Butler XX12 that I seem to shoot well at doubles, singles, and handicap; At least as well as my Perazzi, if not better, which is hard for me to deal with mentally. It was to be a backup, but now I am not so sure.
The new shell catcher does a great job as well.

·
Banned
137 Posts
Beretta 391 with one of Tron's pins when I am having shoulder problems which come and go. I also drop the the powder charge a bit. After Tron did the pin for me it tosses them just to the right of my feet. Briley Light Full
I had the same experience with Tron's pin on a 391; just to the right of my feet.

·
Registered
448 Posts
A friend uses an 11-87 when she shoots PITA. She does well with it but has too many feeding issues on the second shot. The last time she tried, she had to bow out in the first round because of it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts