Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finally getting dialed back in I cannot get a grasp on why I keep blowing past the quarter right targets from post 3 and 4, I shot 200~ shots today and and I would have to say almost all my missing were slight right angles from post 3 and 4. I have been doing lots of chart work but I cannot get the move smooth enough as it is quite a short move for me as I hold a parallel gun, but hold slightly right of center, and almost on the corner on post 3 and 4.

Has anyone had an issue with this specific target and have any suggestions on how to improve, any hold point adjustments I can try on 3 and 4?

My next time out I will have to lock the trap on that target and run a few boxes on them I guess...

·
Registered
609 Posts
When I miss those targets, I’m usually on the wrong side of the target. It is misreading the target. You need to be on the right side of the target from post 4

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I miss those targets, I’m usually on the wrong side of the target. It is misreading the target. You need to be on the right side of the target from post 4
Yeah, I've been using a Garmin and confirmed I am mechanically putting too much lead on the targets, I'm just having a hard time with the right move to it

·
Registered
244 Posts
See if you can get your trap club to lock the trap up for the slight right. Shoot that target over and over until it really becomes second nature to you. After you shoot it over and over hopefully you will burn that target and lead into your brain.

Shoot Well! Mike

·
Premium Member
4,407 Posts
When I shoot that target I dont follow through .
When it comes out just cut it off.
If you know your keeping your head down and can't draw a feather you could try a poi change.
Try raising poi 3 or 4 inches and see what happens .
Henry

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
I do, the quarter right.
I short shoot them on occasion, meaning I don’t quite get the barrel to the target before I release my trigger.
Thinking a little more on this most of the times when I do miss this target I am on post 1 or 2, just don’t get over to it.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
When it comes out just cut it off.
I shoot very fast. I hold a high gun on every station near enough at the height I'll slap the trigger. My hold point on station 3 is a foot or two to the right of centre and on station 4 it's halfway to the right edge of the trap house. My eyes are looking down to the left of the barrels in an area where the majority of the targets will first appear. A gentle right angled target comes up to my barrels and I cut it off (just like shooting maintained lead at Olympic skeet) in a flash. It's my favorite target.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Several months ago I was having issues with the near straight sways from post 5. I would get a perfect sight picture pull the trigger and nothing would happen. It was very frustrating. I then watched the Phil Kiner DVD and he talked about cross firing. I didn’t know this condition existed. It happens intermittently when your non dominant eye takes over during the shot causing you to miss. I have since put a piece of tape on my non-dominant side of my glasses and problem solved. I rarely miss that target now. When I do miss now I usually know why I missed. No more mysteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
220 Posts
My son almost always misses a quarter right from station 2 and a quarter left from station 4. Best I can tell, he tries to shoot it like a straightaway and is always behind it or on the wrong side of the bird as previously said.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts