Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a nice 3901 for my 5'4" daughter, the stock is to long. If I chop 1 1/4" off the stock, there will be nothing to attach the DRYWALL screws that hold the butt plate on. Has anyone done this already? Are my estimations of the stock structure flawed? Maybe fill the stock to give the DRYWALL screws solid purchase?

I can buy wood stocks of course, I would consider that a last resort. And nice touch with the DRYWALL screws Beretta !

thanks
Chris

·
Registered
772 Posts
The easiest fix that I've found is simply epoxying in a wood filler with a hole (or two fillers, one above and one below the stock bolt). Finish flush with the cut-off stock and attach the pad of your choice with screws. Apply a couple of layers of masking table around the plastic and belt or disk sand the pad to fit. Congratulations on having your daughter join the shooting sports world. -Ed

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hello: Beretta has an insert that is used on the 391 series of guns for the plastic stocks. I will see if I can find the one I have so you can see it. I cut a plastic stock for my sons to use when they were younger. I am not sure if the 391 stock will fit your 3901? Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hello: Here are the pics of the insert and a kick-off unit near the camo stock. The other was one I cut down and used the plan insert. The field shims can be used to extend the stock as they grow. Thanks, Eric
IMG_0797.JPG

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Have a plan for when she grows. I cut a few stocks early with my son. On one I should have not..... still looking for a replacement to fit him now that he is taller than I am!
Ebay or the classifieds here are a good place to look for a second stock. Not as many now that the large number of kids are shooting trap and skeet with AIM and SCTP but they are still out there.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the pics, does not look compatible with my gun. I am putting a softer pad that the stock Beretta so I think the filler epoxy route will work best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts