Trapshooters Forum banner

Who has been contacted by these members? and if you have.

11801 Views 15 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  George MT.
If you were selling a item or looking to purchase a item and were contacted by screen name Trodrigues please PM myself or one of the moderators. Thanks George/Site Admin.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Administrator
9,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The forum at this time is experiencing a run of new log in's the are going straight for the classified section and are not trapshooters and could care less about our sport or the forum. If you are contacted by a new log on and they have zero to under 50 open forum shooting related postings please contact myself or one of the mods.

Thanks George/Site admin.

· Super Moderator
6,288 Posts
How about NCCskeetshots answer WTB on profile page 0 everything but has item I was looking for?
He was perm'd yesterday.

Scammers hit the WTB forum almost exclusively.

Members who post WTB ads need to be especially vigilant.

Rather than engaging members with less than 50 posts who "just happen to have exactly what you are looking for," report them and let the mod team handle it.

· Registered
439 Posts
On another board I was contacted by someone with a PM that responded to my WTB add. He told me that he had a friend that has what I was looking for and gave me an email address. I didn't look too close and send the new email address a message. It became clear pretty quick that he didn't really know what I wanted and was very vague about what he had for sale. When I asked for a picture of the gun resting on a piece of paper with my name on it he sent me a picture of the gun and had photo shopped some text with my name. At this point I new it was a scam. I went back to the person that had PM me and saw that they only had one post. I notified the moderators and he was gone. They get trickier every time.

Reactions: yukon_870

· Registered
619 Posts
Hi, I listed a WTB, and got an immediate rep[ly from someone who had only joined 3 days before my listing. He sent many pictures of the item I wanted, and offered at a good price.....then asked for payment by PayPal Friends & Family.! When I pointed out that there was NO protection using this, his excuse was that as an FFL he believed that you cannot sell guns or ammo ot related items by normal Paypal. That is not true, as I have bought several machines via guys on Trapshooter, using Paypal, with absolutely no problems! Rel;oading machines are NOT restricted, by Paypal. He has given an address, etc, asked me to check him out, but still insists on Family & Friends, but as y you point out, there are too many scammers to take the risk.

· Registered
804 Posts
I had the same experience that “pinfireman” is describing. I have a listing in the WTB section for a 20-gauge O/U and was contacted by member “AlJaden”, who just joined TS.com on June 22, 2022 and is now banned from the site, who stated that his friend “William” in Ohio had the exact O/U that I wanted to buy and was looking to sell it and to contact him and listed his email address. I sent the gentleman “William C. Owen” an email telling him that his friend “AlJaden” on TS.com contacted me saying that he had a 20-gauge O/U that he wanted to sell. In less that 10 minutes I got a reply with about 8 pictures attached of the O/U that he was looking to sell. We exchanged about 5 emails answering questions that I had on the gun and he stated that he was from Ohio. When I asked him where he was located in Ohio he would not answer my question. I gave him my phone number and he contacted me and he had a bit of a foreign accent and I had a hard time understanding him plus the phone number he was supposedly calling from was from Oak Grove, Kentucky ( bit of a way from Ohio). I lost the signal and at this point saw that this was a scam and never contacted him again and have not heard from him again. Beware of this scam.

The site administrators did a good job in weeding member “AlJaden” from the site.

· Registered
439 Posts
I had the same experience that “pinfireman” is describing. I have a listing in the WTB section for a 20-gauge O/U and was contacted by member “AlJaden”, who just joined TS.com on June 22, 2022 and is now banned from the site, who stated that his friend “William” in Ohio had the exact O/U that I wanted to buy and was looking to sell it and to contact him and listed his email address. I sent the gentleman “William C. Owen” an email telling him that his friend “AlJaden” on TS.com contacted me saying that he had a 20-gauge O/U that he wanted to sell. In less that 10 minutes I got a reply with about 8 pictures attached of the O/U that he was looking to sell. We exchanged about 5 emails answering questions that I had on the gun and he stated that he was from Ohio. When I asked him where he was located in Ohio he would not answer my question. I gave him my phone number and he contacted me and he had a bit of a foreign accent and I had a hard time understanding him plus the phone number he was supposedly calling from was from Oak Grove, Kentucky ( bit of a way from Ohio). I lost the signal and at this point saw that this was a scam and never contacted him again and have not heard from him again. Beware of this scam.

The site administrators did a good job in weeding member “AlJaden” from the site.
I have seen this several times. If you receive a PM telling you that they have a friend that has just what you are looking for and here is a link to his email address check to see how many posts they have because if the only post they have is the PM they just sent to you, you can bet that they are out to steel your money. Just my two cents.

Reactions: butwhat
1 - 16 of 16 Posts