Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a wonderful old Parker, DH 16ga, Damascus, 0 frame...I'm either going to sell it or have it restored, and hopefully replace the double triggers with a single...who would anyone recomend for the restoring...? Thanks, WC

·
Registered
958 Posts
Where are you located? Many highly qualified people to consider.

Restoring a D grade Parker with Damascus barrels and changing to a single trigger is like restoring a Packard and then dropping a Chevy engine into it. Unless your plan is to destroy it's value, keep with your plan to restore it, not modify.

Pete

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK...I have emailed and/or talked with several people that deal with Parkers and the price they suggest runs from $3900 to $5900...I would not sell the gun for less...I realize that there may not be a market for them at that price, but I won't consider less, so please don't tell me I'm crazy, etc...If I did sell it it would be to buy a Parker Repro...Thanks, WC

·
Registered
88 Posts
Gun works of central NY, located in Rome, NY is one of the best for Parkers, Winchester model 12 and 21's.
Ask for either Henry.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Pete, converting any Parker to a Miller single trigger is an up grade, not butchering. I have 2 Parker single trigger assemblies on my work bench that are worth about $1,000 apice. But spending the money to get that DH Damascus barrel parker restored would be a waste of money unless it had sentimental worth to you. I was told years ago by a Parker collector who once owned a Invincible grade among other rare Parkers that a 90% + original condition Parker is worth more then any 100% restored one including ones put out by Delgrego or Turnbull.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Pete Mazur, 530-268-2412, [email protected] Pete does incredible work and is a regular member (Juried membership) in the American Custom Gunmakers Guild (as is Doug Turnbull). I have seen a lot of his finished work at our annual exhibition and the before pictures and the transformations were remarkable. would also pay close attention to what Toolmaker said. Get the prices and the current value and do the math.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.