Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking for someone to put an adjustable comb and maybe a recoil device on my BT-99 that i just purchased. Who does the best work at a fair price?

thanks in advance

Paul

·
Registered
681 Posts
If you come to Ohio, you might want to check out ROD"S CUSTOM STOCKS. HE is in Shelby. Does very nice work, not taking anything away from Tron. Glenn Allison

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Tron is good at what he does. His prices are fair and turn around is fast.

He has done a lot of stocks for me (target and hunting shotguns) and I have never been disappointed with his workmanship.

He will tackle unique jobs. If you go to his website, you will see a K-80 that has a severely cast off comb. That is my gun. It incorporates the standard K-80 hardware and I can put it back to "factory stock" if I ever sell the gun. An excellent and cost effective way to get over 5/8" of cast off. I managed a hair under 97 in singles this year using this setup.

Don Verna

·
Registered
268 Posts
NOt sure were Tom Larkin is at right now as he travel s to shoots but he did just that to my BT-99 excellent work and a fair price and quick turn around... check him out at www.thestockshop.net

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Stocker John Fittinger is posting on ts.com right now. He has done unique and exceptional work for me. He is in Oregon. Great guy to deal with.

JON

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats what i would like to have, a gracoil and adjustable comb. is his price fair compared to others?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
My only suggestion would be to have Tron install a RAD unit instead of a Gracoil. It is my opinion, (and that's all it is), that the RAD is a better system than a Gracoil. JMHO. Ed

·
Registered
14,590 Posts
I have a RADII on a Perazzi and a Gracoil on a Alfermann. The Gracoil feels the best to me. Everyones felt recoil is different. Pull up "tronspacegunworks". He has his prices listed.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I had no idea that Tron did such nice work as shown on his web site, it's really worth visiting. I especially liked the powder coated (black hardware) and the offset comb hardware. I however couldn't tell how much the offset comb hardware was. It seems that one could install that one's self, is that correct? Bruce

·
Registered
341 Posts
I recommend Cor-kel Arms. Here is a job that Larry just did for me.

I just received my stock back from Cor-Kel Arms. I had Larry install an adjustable comb and an adjustable recoil pad assembly. I am very happy with the result. My wife loves the way that Larry put a satin finish on the pad adjuster so that it matches the satin nickel finish on my receiver. Great work Larry!

Cor-Kel Arms: http://www.corkelarms.com/

·
Registered
630 Posts
There is a guy from New York by name of Mark Dupree or something like that.He is usually at Pa state shoot and I may have the last name wrong but he did a K-80 stock for me years ago and it was flawless,as I am very picky about things like that although it took a couple months it was worth it. It was a very high gloss finish on high grade wood.Very pleased with his work.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.