Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that this question has been asked many times but when I search it I get whole lot of unrelated stuff. So I will ask it again. I am in Central Nebraska and I need some one to do an adjustable comb on my new Browning Special Trap Edition and a left handed 870 TB trap. I don't mind sending the stocks off so as long as its not to far away I will ship them. Always had Greg Hissem do this before and was devastated when I found out he had retired. Thanks for your info in advance. Bob.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Another vote for Tron. I have seen some of the work he does and I have heard many great things about him and his cat. All the best.

J.F.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
I'll jump in here and also vouch for Tron's/Joe's work. He does very good work and it doesn't leave his shop unless it is right. He's done work for people on this site for over 3 years now and no bad words to be heard.

TronSpace Gunworks

Joseph L. Bowles

Telephone: (248) 884-1577

E-mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
884 Posts
I have always had Dave Berlet, New Knoxville, Ohio do my work. Outstanding quality and service. You will not be unhappy. Check delivery time and price. Dave is very reasonable. You can contact him at 419-753-2557. His email address is [email protected]

·
Registered
572 Posts
Met up with Joe (Tron) at his shop on Friday afternoon to have stock work done on my 1100 trap gun. What a great guy! Spent a few hours with me talking about trap, showing me his club down the road, introducing me to his friends at Great Lakes Sporting Arms and invited me to come back sometime to shoot some trap with him, which I fully intend to do. By the way, we also spent some time discussing my stock! Joe is adjusting the LOP, adding an adjustable butt plate and comb. He called me tonight to tell me it was done and would ship out tomorrow. He gave me instructions on how to reinstall the stock back on the gun and even provides the allen wrench. If that's not service I don't know what good service is! Can't wait to see the finished product. I'll post pictures when I get it back.

Don Newton
Pittsburgh, PA

·
Registered
25,284 Posts
Speaking of Tron, does he make custom stocks?

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
J.S. Aircushion in So-Calif., Azusa, does excellent work. In fact, one of my guns is there now getting the adjustable comb treatment. I also am sure that Tron's work is also excellent. Too bad he is so far from So-Calif.

An added bonus, maybe just a rumor, but I have heard that "Kitty", Tron's mascot and pet, will bite him if something is being sent out that doesn't quite meet their high standards.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I just had Keith Heeg do one for me on my TM 1. He did excellent work. Plus he was easy to communicate with and did exactly what I wanted. Price was very fair. He uses his own hardware and quality of hardware appears to be top notch. I mailed it on a Tuesday and was shooting the gun the next Tuesday. Pretty good turnaround I would say!!! It sounds like we shooters are lucky and there are several good stock people out there for us to chose.

Ron

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I second the vote for Keith Heeg. He's at most big shoots in MI at the MTA and Ohio at Cardinal Ctr. 1-517-881-7334

Jeff

·
Registered
186 Posts
Post 1 Competition Stocks of Rushville Mo does excellent work. Aslo does the adjustable combs for the BT-99-AR of Monsoor's Sport Shop.

Steve Ricketts

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
There may be several guys that do good work but TRON is a great guy that does superb work at a resaonable price. He is on here all the time so he is very easy to reach and knows his work will be discussed here for all to see. Never seen anyone not satisfied with Joe's work.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.