Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to have a bolt and carrier on a Model 12 jeweled. Who would I contact to do the job? Gunsmith? Engraver? Any ideas as to approximate cost?
Aynbody have any experience having this done? Any help you can give will be appreciated.

Thanks - Richard L.

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
Richard- It is a very simple job that any gunsmith should be able to do. A small wooden dowel works much better than the rubber or wire tips that are commonly sold. If you have a drill press and some small pieces of scrap iron/steel, send me a PM.

Pat Ireland

·
Registered
934 Posts
SuperX Model 1 bolt...$35.00 plus USPS charges, same price for Carrier ...

Email me with a picture of bolt and carrier if interested and we can discuss.

regards

Chuck

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Chuckles has done a beautiful job and for the money not worth doing yourself. Years ago I did my Mdl 12, turned out very well and was interesting to do. I seemed to have more time then, that was before computers. LOL I suspect that Pat has done some in the past also from his comment. Good luck and have fun, Bob

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
shot410ga - The reason I prefer a wood dowel and cutting compound is that the rubber eraser will bend a little making a crooked line and can actually get larger with a little pressure. This is the type of job where a person has to learn a technique that works best for him.

Pat Ireland

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to all who replied. I have what I need to move on to the next step. Really appreciate the help.It is amazing what you can learn on this site.

Thanks - Richard L.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.