Trapshooters Forum banner

Who are our resident Browning experts ?

1594 Views 8 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  eightbore
Need some assistance for a shooting friend who has a Browning Midas Grade 30" O/U as shown in the pix below. She is trying to determine an estimated value in case she decides to sell it.

Info I have is that the gun is a 1968 model, purchased new by her father. Wood is non-salted. Barrel is choked full on top and improved modified on bottom. Gun has been shot perhaps 100 times and has been in storage most of the time. I have not seen the gun, but am told it is easily a 100% gun.

I'm fairly certain we have a few Browning aficionados here, so I'd appreciate a PM from any of them. If needed, more photos are available.

Gene in Illinois

Gun Firearm Shotgun Revolver Trigger

Gun Firearm Shotgun Trigger Air gun

Gun Firearm Shotgun Blade

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Vendor
20,943 Posts
This is a common gun advertised for sale from $5000 to $10000. What they sell for is rarely disclosed. Most owners get a bit testy if you offend their suggested price. And put them back in the safe. Over time and with patience, it should sell for about $4500. Remember, they are nice guns, but most trapshooters have moved on to higher ribs, drop out triggers, combos, etc. And the "collectors" are all dying off.

$4500 with patience

· Vendor
8,168 Posts
mx2g-- you're right on!! and a 30in fixed choke aint that popular these days!

· Registered
7,462 Posts
Still a dream gun...wish I could buy it....32" bbls are nice but if that gun is choked IM-F it's pure death on doubles targets....and is there not a similar gun on here for $8K? They are beautifully built and worth every penny IMHO...but I'm biased as a 33 year Superposed shooter....

Ron Burr

· Registered
3,702 Posts
There is not a long line of potential buyers for a Broadway rib Midas. There are many for sale with no takers. I would have a hard time passing one up for $4000 or $4500 if I saw it face to face. Jeff sold his at the right time, to the right person. Broadway rib trap guns are the bottom of the barrel for collectors. Sorry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.