Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody harvest any nice whitetail bucks if so lets see them. I was lucky and was able to catch a nice buck last Sunday the 24th (Montana deer)
stickdp_2010_03011.jpg

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another picture. I did not kill it with the model 12 in the picture I shot it with a savage 220 bolt action 20 ga. but I could not find it right away so I left & came back with buckshot but I then found the deer not 60 yards from where I shot it.
stickdp_2010_03012.jpg

·
Registered
809 Posts
I was hunting in western Kentucky with Butch McElwain, brother of Harold Knight, of Knight & Hale game calls. I must have seen 30-40 130+ bucks in 2 days. I was lucky to drop an 18 point ( main frame 10 with 8 extra scoreable points). He measured out @ 165".
muzzleblast_2008_030336.jpg

muzzleblast_2008_030335.jpg

·
Registered
85 Posts
This is an Illinois Whitetail I took this year @27 yds. I was bow hunting in Calhoun County. Happy Holidays to everyone. Thanks. -Bob.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
some nice deer ---Swimdad stick the tounge back in the deers mouth before pictures--- keep the deer pictures comming

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
And the winner is smsnyder with a "Boone and Crockett" score of 25 million!!!

"OBAMA SUCKS"

Congratulations!

Chuck

BTW is that a Maryland deer from just outside the "Beltway"?

·
Registered
701 Posts
In Nebraska in 2011 there was a harvest of 88,000 deer. Last year epizootic hemorrhagic disease (spread by midges and we had a very dry year) hit the herd had. The harvest was about 60,000. This year game and parks reduced the number of available permits. The harvest was 36,882 during firearms season.

My wife took a nice buck opening morning but she was the only one of us (me, wife, daughter, son in law, brother of son in law) who took a deer. Very atypical. While game and parks has no "official" word the one biologist I talked to said the disease killed at least 60% of the deer. It is going to take a while for the herd to recover.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Guess a picture of my 120 lb doe won't make this thread. But then you can't eat the horns, some nice looking bucks posted here congrats to all

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jhunts I bet you will have to go to the hospital to have the smile removed from your face----- thats awsome

·
0 Posts
The images in this thread are not typical of a whitetail hunt. So in the interest of swinging the pendulum closer to normal, here is a picture of my kid's deer. ;-)

548_2008_0303160.jpg

And no, I didn't even get one.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Jhunts, I still remember all of my kids first deer. and some of those were smaller by a long shot. That's dandy.

Tell your daughter well done.

Rick in MT

1 - 20 of 39 Posts