Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not surprising considering all the other dirty tricks Obama and Holder have been pulling.......As much as I hate to say it but I feel the worst is yet come, particularly near the end of his term.

·
Registered
15,900 Posts
1.) It's another executive action initiated by an untrustworthy, left wing, tyrannical, anti-gun POTUS instead of legislative action that should be left to congress.

2.) The DOJ that is arguing for it is corrupt, anti-gun and untrustworthy.

3.) The DHHS that is anti-gun and untrustworthy will be complicit in supporting the tyrant and DOJ.

4.) It opens the door for wide open arbitrary decisions made by "health officials" to determine who should and who should not possess firearms.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Exactly. It's being created by an arbitrary penny-ante dictator who screws up everything he touches.

Given the incredibly incompetent disaster called Obamacare, I don't know how anyone can think Obama creating an executive action for this problem is a good thing.

Check out this quote:

“We are taking an important, commonsense step to clarify the federal firearms regulations, which will strengthen our ability to keep dangerous weapons out of the wrong hands,” Attorney General Eric Holder said in a statement. “This step will provide clear guidance on who is prohibited from possessing firearms under federal law for reasons related to mental health.

Yes, the same Eric Holder from the same administration that tried to frame law-abiding gun owners with their Fast & Furious fiasco which resulted in many deaths. Just the very criminals we want coming up with mental health directives for gun ownership. There's an incredible amount of irony and hypocrisy in that quote.

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its the "executive actions" more than its the contents.....With Obama's and Holder's history of skirting around proper channels what is next if they are allowed to continue the process.

By the way I do agree that these same two issues need to be in effect!!!

Lets not forget that most Republicans were in favor of these two issues but the Democrats added so much dirty pork that it couldn't be passed by anyone with common sense.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
There's a little thing called "Hipaa". Patients rights???

This is where Barry and all his thug cronies need to be. The perfect liberal utopia.

daddiooo_2008_030393.jpg

·
Premium Member
18,784 Posts
More 'rule by decree'. I shall wave my scepter, and decree the following. After all, I am the Supreme Ruler of the Free World. Probably from Hawaii or Air Force One.

·
Premium Member
18,784 Posts
It is not what they say or do, but it is how they go about it. Holders mental ought to be examined. They are all idiots.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
How can we be a "Nation of Laws" when the high and mighty put themselves above the law?

·
Banned
3,881 Posts
Blade,

You know I have a lot of respect for you, but it is time for you to come to your senses. Our president and his cadre of czars are all subversive, anti-American communists. In my heart, I believe you can see that, but are holding out because of your loyalties to your old beliefs. Please, my friend, examine your soul, and put This Country Of Ours ahead of your dated political views.

Kit

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
If there was ANY type of action, be it "Legal" Executive Action or action by our do-nothing Congress, that would hopefully save one life like these two might, I don't give a Rat's Ass where that action comes from! IMO

blade819

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
If Granny and Gramps are a little off at 80 you'll have to put them out to keep your guns. That goes for any other eccentric that may be living with you, harmless or not. Choose Granny and Gramps or your guns.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
"If it only saves one life" has been the sound bite used by anti-gunners to justify their gun bans and laws impacting law-abiding gun owners. Interesting you would parrot it.

Got any other Sarah Brady quotes to share with us?

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Yea BIO.... I'm a staunch supporter of Sarah Brady. sure! I owned a gun shop for 2 years and a life member of the NRA. My statement comes from common sense not your right wing mentality. Have a happy New Year!

blade819

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Oh please, if you're going to quote anti-gunners and support their positions, don't act offended when you get called on it. Your "pro-gun" bona-fides are meaningless when you support Sarah Brady et al. Some of the worst anti-gunners are gun owners and NRA members. We've seen them on this very site. In fact, there is a gun banner running for the NRA board who advocates gun bans.

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
blade,,,,,,,read this with your "common sense" glasses, "The second executive action, proposed by the Department of Health and Human Services, would allow some medical organizations more leeway to report “limited information necessary to help keep guns out of potentially dangerous hands” to the federal background check system."

I as a "concerned medical professional" think that due to your rantings and use of guns,,,,,,,,feel that you are "potentially dangerous" and your guns are taken away,,,,,,,,how much are you willing to spend in legal fees to prove otherwise and get your guns back??????

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
Not long ago in another post BIO, you where supporting the idea of limiting access to guns of, the mentally ill. I believe you used the phrase, "Adjudicated in the court of law". Which by the way is a common factor in almost all the shootings of late, especially the mass shootings. Knowingly, mentally ill that is. The signs are always clear after the fact. Problem is, who determines what the amount of mental illness is, that is the limiting point of possession, or access, and how is that information to be relayed?.

Are the parents responsible? How about family members that know a person is not right, yet allow these individuals access to firearms? At what point are people that are on prescription drugs such as mind altering, Adderall, or Ritalin, for behavioral issues to be limited of their right to posses a gun, or receive a CCW permit for that matter. What about limiting the possession of a firearm in some minor cases, to in the presence of a guardian, or competent person for sporting purposes? What about the mentally unstable people that never have been diagnosed, and can walk right into any gun store, and legally buy a gun?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts