Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to alert White Flyer gun clubs in the Midwest, especially Missouri that some guy in a pickup with a trailer is traveling around to gun clubs and telling the gun clubs that White Flyer has okayed it for their transportation company (unknown) to pickup WF pallets. First and foremost, this is a scam. White Flyer has NOT authorized any of this !!
We received word from Lyndle Pruett at MTA in Linn Creek, MO that a gentleman in a pickup with a trailer stopped this morning at the MTA facility to pickup 85 White Flyer Pallets. Lyndle questioned the person; wrote down his license number etc. and asked him who set this up?? The guy said that his dispatcher at the Transportation Company sent him. When asked to call his Dispatcher, the man said he was unreachable and not available. Lyndle told him to leave the property immediately and he called us at White Flyer.
Hence, it seems that someone may be "watching" local gun clubs and looking to make a few bucks on the side by "fencing" these pallets to someone. I guess I've heard it all now but it is the season and we just wanted your local clubs to be on the alert, especially if they have a lot of pallets to return to White Flyer for credit.
Just an FYI.
Happy Holidays to everyone and on behalf of all the Staff of White Flyer Targets, we want to THANK YOU for your business the past year and wish everyone a Safe and Joyous Holiday season.

Phil Murray
White Flyer Targets

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Pretty sad that people have resorted to all all these petty scams. I hope they catch the guy. As anyone who deals with cable or phone companies can tell you, even "legitimate" business is full of scams.

Thanks to Phil and White Flyer for bringing warning us to beware.

·
Supporting Vendor
10,235 Posts
Glad you posted this. My club would have helped the guy load them and then offer him lunch. However, if some clown pulled up in a beer truck saying he's there for their cases of Budweiser, he'd have some splainin' to do.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
$6.75 now, according to our last delivery driver. No one at our club knew squat about pallet deposit. I asked our driver and he gave me the $6.75 figure. Some of our returned pallets looked like they have been on our property for decades. I gathered them all up an put them on the truck. Phil, you should tell your customers what the deal is. Probably, most of them don't know. Bill Murphy in Maryland. NSSA 88831 Life.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Our delivery driver said he didn't have anything to do with taking empty pallets back. We have just been giving them away, locally, and eating the cost.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
We send our trailer to Knox for a load of targets and get charged $7.00 each for missing skids. I have no clue what clubs do that hire a non-white flyer truck to deliver targets. They must get charged for the skids and end up with a big pile of special sized skids for weiner roast. Pretty expensive fire wood.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts