Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please tell me which gun brands Have interchangeable choke tubes that will properly fit my Win. 101 Diamond Grade guns.
Thanks
Sero
Valpo, in.

·
Ljutic Nut
2,880 Posts
I copied this off and old publication

Winchester - - - - - - - - - - Interchanges with , Mossberg 500 & Weatherby.
Winchester Super X2 and Supreme - - -Interchanges with Browning Invector Plus styles

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Use a bit of caution on choke selection....... My 101 Diamond Grade Unsingle has the "Win-choke" system and is interchangeable with the Browning Invector but NOT THE INVECTOR PLUS. There is not a lot of information available on the Diamond Grade but I believe mine is mid 70's manufacture and I am only assuming the chokes were a factory installation...... Larry

·
Registered
880 Posts
Call Briley's in Houston. They can tell you. They used to have an interchageable choke listing on their web site but I didn't see it last time I looked. JPM

·
Banned
495 Posts
The 101's had two different style chokes. They had the same threads, the difference was some were flush and some had an extension. They were called the Win-chokes. Roger C,

·
Registered
244 Posts
I had a Win 101 Diamond Grade Trap that was fitted for factory chokes (Winchokes) only on the bottom barrel. Top barrel was fixed Full choke. The Winchokes (since there are a couple different styles) were the ones that stuck out about 1/4" from the barrel face; when installed it was then flush with the top fixed barrel. I found that Browning Invector (not Plus) chokes fit fine. However, they were flush chokes so it looked a little goofy when I had one installed; like the bottom barrel was shorter than the top barrel.

Happy Shooting!
-Larry, Founder
www.ClaysForACure.org
Clays for a Cure | Facebook

1 - 8 of 8 Posts