Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Browning 725,O/U,12ga.32" what system (Butt) would you recommend for adjustability and recoil dampening/delay?
Also where to have installed?
GC15LP GraCoil, GC15R GraCoil, GC15S GraCoil,
The System #2A takes the R.A.D. system one�step further by adding an adjustment for�length of pull. ?
The System #1A is the newest version of the R.A.D. 1 system. The OAL of the unit is 1/8" shorter than the original and 2oz. lighter in weight. The new adjustment allows for single point pad adjustment without going through the pad or removing it to do so. This key feature allows the unit to be adjusted by a gun fitter while the gun is mounted saving time and allowing for a more precise fit ?
SPS SUPER-COIL, LOP Recoil Suppressor Assembly
Bump Buster,gold? but i read gold is not made any longer or ?
or another system that is quality and where and who to have installed at?
Thanks for anyone who would recommend a unit and place
Respectfully rbdjr

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TRON is your man, check TC supporters and vendors section, many years of happy TS customers.
Yes I have read many positive posts here on Trons work in the past.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have a RAD 2A on my gun now and have had gracoils in the past.

Both work well, given the choice I'd get another RAD. I just like the way they adjust better.

Haven't used any others so cant speak to that.

·
Premium Member
8,269 Posts
Browning 725,O/U,12ga.32" what system (Butt) would you recommend for adjustability and recoil dampening/delay?
GC15LP GraCoil, GC15R GraCoil, GC15S GraCoil ?
The System #2A takes the R.A.D. system one�step further by adding an adjustment for�length of pull. ?
The System #1A is the newest version of the R.A.D. 1 system. The OAL of the unit is 1/8" shorter than the original and 2oz. lighter in weight. The new adjustment allows for single point pad adjustment without going through the pad or removing it to do so. This key feature allows the unit to be adjusted by a gun fitter while the gun is mounted saving time and allowing for a more precise fit ?
Respectfully rbdjr
I highly recommend the Rad IIa.
The IIa is the newest Rad device.
MG
Screenshot_20200425-105003_Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
89 Posts
GC15LP GraCoil, GC15R GraCoil, GC15S GraCoil,
Bump Buster,gold? but i read gold is not made any longer or ?
Respectfully rbdjr
I have this exact same gun and just sent my stock to Tron for a non adj gracoil to be installed. I'm anxiously awaiting for it to be delivered back to me. If your gun has the factory browning comb then you may not be able to install an adj lop pull gracoil because the comb hardware does not allow for it unless you want to extend your lop pull 1 5/8" or so. When I spoke with Tron I told him I did not want my lop extended so we cut the stock and installed a non adj unit. I have a gracoil on my bt 99 and I really like it for adjustability.

JS

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes , that was my concern with the factory adjustable comb assembly .
how do you like your 725 before the RAD2a and after?

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
I also had the comb hardware upgraded to side adjust to allow for the R.A.D. I love the 725 before and after, but the R.A.D allows a better / best gun fit with L.O.P. adjust and the plate adjustment for cant etc. Much better gun fit with the R.A.D.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That appears to be the consensus of those who have and use both systems. Graycoils work well, but those who have had the RAD2a system seems to like it better and prefer it.
For myself never having either system I do appreciate all the valuable info. Now looks like I must save $ a bit longer since I do have the factory comb and apparently must be switched out to use the RAD2a system

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
View attachment 1679053 Rods custom Stock has installed 5 Rads for me in the past and every time he does an awesome job. I have used Gracoil before and then I wanted to try a Rad. I prefer the Rad over the Gracoil.
Also thats some awesome wood on that stock! looks great! Thanks for pic

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Who s doing checkering for you on that beauty?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Rad is a great unit but they do add weight. If you can use more weight especially in the back of your gun then rad is very well made.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just installed a stocklock and the recoil is like shooting a 410. They are really nice if you are willing to change wood

1 - 18 of 18 Posts