Trapshooters Forum banner

Which recoil pad

3486 Views 21 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  Timd3200
Just wondering which recoil pad you would chose. This is for my daughter. She has a BT 99 Plus. The recoil pad on it is a hard black pad and it hurt her bad today. She was shooting 1 oz shells. Want to replace it with a Kick eez or a goey pad. Which one should I chose? Is there a better choice?
Thanks
Tim
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
594 Posts
Kickeez has a few diferent shapes to choose from.If you go to there website or just mount a few of your club members guns and decide which design goes into yor shoulder the best.I have a trap design,modified trap,rocker,and a flat pad.You will find one that will feel best on your gun an mount style.You will save money unlike me if you test mount different pads before you buy.

good luck,
joe

· Registered
21,601 Posts
Putting a new one of either of the two pads you named would certainly help. I would also make sure she is pulling the butt of the gun securely in the shoulder pocket. You may also consider canting the pad slightly to better fit her shoulder pocket. I'm not sure if the BT Plus allows this or not though. If it isn't possible on the Plus BT a stock guy could probably add a pad adjuster without permanently altering the gun. Just a thought.

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We have the pad canted to fit her shoulder. The BT plus is made for that. The pad that was on it was not the original and looks like one that came of a citori special sporting that was hard rubber so it would slip up when mounting gun. I showed her the choices and she likes the goey pad that is fluorescent green.
Thanks for all your thoughts. I am going to order one of them.

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rod I was the guy that called you yesterday to order a goey pad from you for my daughter. Thanks for your time. I did call George at trapdude and ordered a curved goey pad in lime green for her gun.
If any body needs a recoil pad Rod is a great guy and So is trapdude Thanks for all the help.

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got my daughters recoil pad from trapdude. Thanks for the quick service. I installed it on the gun and she is happy happy happy. Will shoot sunday and see how much it helps.

· Registered
326 Posts
Gooey pad. They're a pain to install and don't put them on the ground in the summer because they're sticky and will pick up crap off the ground. They don't last as long as KickEez but they're the best recoil pad. PERIOD.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.