Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my question. What is a good powder and wad combination to load 28 guage shells in the new WAA28HS hulls? I want to load 7/8 oz of no. 9 shot. I would also like to load some hunting rounds of 1 oz of no 5 copper plated shot. Thank You in advance for your replies.

Respectfully, Gary Schoborg

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Hey Coach.. You left out Ballistic Products.. First.. they make the 28 gauge wad for heavy payloads.. and provide the data.. For 1 oz. you might also consider roll crimping.. It works well.. but really.. as Coach said.. You can stop at 7/8oz.. and save some headaches.. The 1 oz. never worked well for me..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I think for 1 oz loads, I will just stick to buying a ox of Winchester now and then. I did go to the Hodgdon website, and I think I will go with a BP SG28II wad and LiL Gun powder. My intent is to develop a good short range turkey load. I'm also looking at a Briley Extra full choke to tighten things up a bit, so we'll see what happens.

G

·
Hoaky smokes Mr. Nixon.

(You'd have to be a long time Bob&Tom listener to understand this one.)

PBB has a lot of ballistic info inside that head of his. The time he's spent studying shells is amazing.

ec90t

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.