Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I need to try each one out, but what stock number would be recommended on a max sporting? I am 6' 1 with a longish neck and average build.

·
Vendor
19,419 Posts
Trip to see Jeff. I'd still have mine if I had.

Most shooters today are opting for more comb offset, I went with 1/4" and it was not enough. Be cautious of "Twisted Sister" and "heads-up" stocks.

Know your LOP and comb offset before you order.

Remember this truism re a new gun with an ill-fitting stock...

"Anyone can fit a gun once, but most will let you down twice".

Screw your head in and align the beads, but somewhere in the first box your face will say no and it will leak off the stock. A properly fitted stock will not do that.

·
Registered
951 Posts
If you are in Illinois you aren't that far from Kolar. If I were you I would go up there and try some stocks and find out which on is right for you. Jeff is an amazing stock fitter and he is one of the nicest people to work with.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have the #4 stock on my MAX TA combo. I like a lot of cast off so this one fits me really well. I have the comb all the way down and with the adjustable rib I can dial in the shot pattern so that about 90% of the shot is just above the bead. I am 6', long neck and I do not have to crawl this stock or tip my head to the right to see above the barrel. I am looking right in the middle of my prescription glass lenses as well.

I am not sure if this helps you much, trying the gun would be of benefit. I was able to try a Kolar with a #4 prior to getting mine. I suggest you try the stock you will be getting if at all possible.

Art

·
Registered
637 Posts
I got my second Kolar max ta on a Thursday and the next day ran a 100 straight in a ATA shoot. It come with a #1 stock.
My first Kolar had a #2 stock so I thought I needed a #2 instead of a #1 so I got a #2. I also ran 100 straight with the #2 so I don't know which # is right for me. Go figure.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Trip to Racine and they will let you see/mount each of the four base stocks.

Jeff can fit you to a custom one if you are willing to spend a few $$ extra, I believe it is worth the time and money.

SW

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
If you have decided to buy Kolar, I think you had better arrange a trip to Racine. And a date with Jeff Mainland. Responding to John Harden would be positive. They will answer your questions. Meeting The staff at Kolar is necessary. They have made the Kolar Product wha it is.
Made in Wisconsin , EH !!

Joe Wood/Ontario

1 - 11 of 11 Posts