Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been going to the Grand but some of the guys want to try somewhere else. Thinking about the Cardinal or the Missouri Fall Handicap. They're all about the same distance. Any thoughts and/or experience?
thanks

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
The Missouri Fall Handicap is the second largest shoot in the U.S. The shoot is smoothly run with good targets. The weather here is usually at its best at that time of year.

The shoot is held near Lake of the Ozarks at Linn Creek, MO. You are near an area with many hotels, restaurants, shopping malls, etc. The club also has ample grounds for camping if you prefer. There are about 60 traps at the MTA.

What else would you need to know? Martinpicker

·
Registered
14,685 Posts
If you are considering the Ohio State shoot and want to camp, you should call the office ASAP. They have over 400 sites, but they are usually full for that shoot.

Check out Cardinal Campground and Shooting Facility on Google.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have been to both and they are both great shoots. I feel the Cardinal is the better of the two! Yes I am from Ohio! Next to the Cardinal classic and Ohio State shoot, Missouri handicap is the best. Like stated above try both and let us know what you think.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
The MO State Shoot is held beginning May 12th. The Fall Handicap starts last week of Sept. The area is a big play ground in the summer months but for the dates of the MTA shoots motels have greatly reduced rates because it's the off season for them & all the great eating places that you had to stand in line for are now much less crowded.

60 traps & many camping spaces available. You can park right behind most traps & there's lots of shade there. Give them a try, you will like it!

·
Registered
956 Posts
A bit more, if'n ya gotta chose just one:

For weather, vendors and top notch facilities...Ohio

For accommodations(go condo), restaurants and 600 handicap jammed into 3 days(oh hell ya!)...MO

Very well managed and great targets at both.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts