Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
A video will tell you what to do, but it won't tell you what you're doing wrong. Maybe consider a private lesson with a GOOD doubles shooter. I don't know where you're located but around eastern Nebraska we've got a few that range from good to great.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I got the Leo Harrison video I learned a lot from it! I watched it about 8 times the first 2 weeks! But to get my gun set up i talked to some AA Shooters I got my gun set up Leo's video helped with fundamentals! Shot ok doubles but stated to flinching now have to get release triggers. Shoot a lot of practice and good luck! Zack H

·
Banned
940 Posts
Try shooting all of the right angle targets on each post first like Sean Hawley. If you breaking all of the first targets that might help as all of your second shots will be straight aways except for post #3.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
You may not be doing this but if you are you need to stop! If you are seeing the first target break you will have a very tough time ever breaking the second target. Get your first shot off and get your eyes moving to the second target, stay in the gun and just shoot the second target. Leo's vids will help a great deal but a lesson in person from a good doubles shooter(Leo was the best) will tell you what you are not doing and what you are doing wrong. IMHO

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Find a good coach..pay the price and do as your told! As quoted from a friend" Shooters are fools....they will spend a fortune trying to self-learn and a coach can do the same for them ...much cheaper in the long run. But it still takes a lot of practice!

·
Thorn in your side
8,112 Posts
I was told, as a beginner on doubles that if you don't occasionally miss a first bird, you are shooting too slow. Basically concentrating too much on the first bird, which makes hitting the second bird tougher.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have watched Leo's, Harlan's, and Phil Kiners. I got different tips from all three. Compared to what I spend on shooting in general the cost of the DVDs are a drop in the bucket. You can't go wrong by watching them all!;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts