Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the years I have acquired a bunch of trap guns; Remington 870, model 12, 101, Citori xt gold, "blue" beretta, blaser super trap combo, etc.. What dealer who would be at the Grand could I take them to and say
"Here, pay me when you sell them, I want them out of my safe". I don't want to sell them to individuals, I want them all gone at once. I would like to trade them toward a k80, but mainly I just want them gone. Who would you recommend.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I realize I am going to get about what you said, 60 to 70 cents, maybe. The dealers have to make a profit to stay in business and I'm fine with that. I am getting zero use out of them right now.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First, I don't have the time or patience to sell to individuals. Second, I expect the dealer to make about 20 to 30 percent if they take them on consignment. The 15% would be on an expensive gun, $5000 plus. My guns are $500 to $2500 range. I just want to get rid of them in one big deal, price is secondary.

·
Registered
14,096 Posts
If you want to get rid of them in one big deal, you're going to be selling outright, not on consignment.

A consignment sale may take days, it may take years, it may never happen and you get your gun back.

If you're consigning guns to a dealer that is not local, getting them back becomes INCREDIBLY complicated as they will need to be shipped back to a FFL dealer local to you and a 4473 will have to be filled out again. You will also likely be charged a fee from the consigned gun shop, and you will be charged a fee from the receiving gun shop, so it will probably cost you $100+ each to get your own guns back if they don't sell.

Most dealers don't want lower end consignment guns, some don't want consignment guns at all.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Here's a place that does a great job selling guns on consignment. Jay Barrington at Shootinginvestments.com. They're in Raleigh, North Carolina. They specialize in consignment guns. Two of our club members have used him. He sold 1200 consignment guns last year. Contact him at: [email protected].

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Here's a place that does a great job selling guns on consignment. Jay Barrington at Shootinginvestments.com. They're in Raleigh, North Carolina. They specialize in consignment guns. Two of our club members have used him. He sold 1200 consignment guns last year. Contact him at: [email protected].

Ship them to Dennis DeVault he charges 10%

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Ship them to Dennis DeVault he charges 10%

Phil Berkowitz
Phil, is there a reason you quoted my previous post in your post? I would have thought you might have said that you know me and if I gave a strong recommendation it could be relied on.

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Phil, is there a reason you quoted my previous post in your post? I would have thought you might have said that you know me and if I gave a strong recommendation it could be relied on.
I 've sold over $17k worth of guns via Dennis & his standard fee is $10% , Yes Dick I knew you from Durham, but not to take away from your recommendation & I entered my own based on personal experience.

Phil Berkowitz

1 - 16 of 16 Posts