Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys !! I got $3000.00 to spend on a new gun and I have really been wanting a unsingle combo. I have been looking for some used XT and 682 combos. Which way would you guys go and why? I just started shooting registered targets and I still shoot alot of games. If you got a nice one for sale let me know.
Thanks Huntinandhotrods !

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
A new XT unsingle combo will cost you closer to $4,000 & finding a used one may be difficult because they are relatively new to the market. I love my XT unsingle & would certainly recommend it to you.

Good Luck & Good Shooting!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I have owned and shot the 687 combo, the 682 combo, and the XT...I currently shoot an MX8....But I shot the Browning better than the Berettas...LarryB

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
ss, which is the Katana and which is the broad axe?

Also, to any XT or Gold E owners, is the 682 Gold E worth about $700 to $1,000 more than the XT? Or is that possibly caused by the value of the Euro compared to the American dollar.

I am not trying to hijack huntingandhotrods thread, but he seems to be asking which is the best bang for the buck and why, such as features, shootability, durability, etc. Plus he is checking what might be for sale out there. I would love to hear shooter's opinions on these guns that have personal experience with them.

John E.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Since the GoldE came out both are pretty heavy swingers. They even stuck a full length weight on the oversingle. Both are like swinging a railroad iron compared to a K gun.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
You won't go wrong with either make. I like the 682x combos myself but I won't tell you any stories about how they are better than the XTs. I do think the 682 is a trimmer better handling gun than the XT but that is pretty subjective stuff on my part.

Do your shopping and pick which ever set fits your specs and pocketbook the best. I know for a fact that either gun is capable of taking you a long way in this sport.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts

"I know for a fact that either gun is capable of taking you a long way in this sport"

Wait just a minute.

I had a Browning Citori XT and was shooting 24's and a few Straight 25's and the local fellows told me I had to get a Perazzi and then a K-gun if I ever wanted to get decent at this game.

You ain't saying they mislead a poor naive innocent fellow, are you ?

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Poor naive fellow? Sounds like you got it figured out pretty well.

I know some very good shooters that can hold their own using their B guns against most anyone else and their P and K guns. It is the ***** not the arrow.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
In my experience, BT99's and Model 12's rule the ranges....you may upgrade, but watch out for that 90yr old with a 60 yr old Model 12..whip up on ya every time!....HeeHee...what fits is what shoots best....LarryB

·
Banned
316 Posts
I use a 680 w/682 34 90/10 unsingle.
I would recommend you get two similar guns so you have one as a backup.
A 34" unsingle and a 32" O/U, hopefully stocked the same and with the same POI.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I agree with larryB.I have gone threw 10-11 trap guns in the last 8 years looking for the gun that looks nice and that I shoot well also.I have had some nice looking trap guns,I tried adj. ribs,combs,pads ect.I bought a Y model 12 about 4 years ago and shoot it better than any of the higher priced guns because it feels like it is part of me when I shoot it and shoots where I expect it too.We all have heard it before.YOU CAN'T BUY GOOD SCORES .If you can shoot a few guns,who knows,you may be surprised which gun you shoot best.

good luck,
joe

·
Registered
85 Posts
HuntinandRods - I purchased a 682 Gold E Combo little over a year ago and put over 10K rounds through it in 2010 without any problems at all. It shoots consistent and accurate. I purchased the combo with the the 32 O/U and the Top Single. I shot well with the Top Single but, traded to the UNSINGLE recently. Mostly due to heat waves off the short rib in the summer when shooting a lot. In addition the UNSINGLE allows for adjustable POI and higher rib helps to see the target better.

Good Luck - Nick

·
Registered
796 Posts
Plain and simple choice,BERETTA all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.(Hey S.S,how do you like me so far???? lol)

Sandy Holehouse.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I like the XT because Beretta's kick the heck out of my cheek and I keep my face on the stock. Someone told me that they cut the pitch different on Beretta's.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.