Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you already had a rose (or vermilion) colored set of lenses for your glasses, which color would you go for next?

Consider that your shooting is typically against green trees and then against blue sky.

I'm thinking purple, but...???? I've also looked at bronze and that color is good too.

Your thoughts?

Mark T.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I'm red-green color difficient so Vermillion is the only color that helps. I have three different shades for different conditions.

Robert

·
5,531 Posts
Mark:

What can you borrow?!

Your eyes are unique to you... can you borrow a few pair of lenses from fellow shooters to watch targets against the background you plan to shoot against?

I could make an argument for both light and dark purples, CMT lenses as well as bronze in full sun... I had Wayne Morgan make me up his Hi-Contrast Brown Polarized lens...

See what you can borrow, in order to give your eyes a chance to tell you what works best for them...

Jay

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
The best color lens for you is those you choose, not what anyone else may recommend. Everyone sees colors of varying shades differently so it's almost impossible for anyone to say this color is best for you? Same as merely looking and seeing with intensity isn't the same thing.

Hap

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
Vermilion was always my favorite all around. Might have been superstitious results though. For the background described I think they are the best. Problem would be when the target would align with the scattered clouds in the sky of a mostly sunny day. The bright target, would seem to get lost in the bright cloud.

Purple for me seems to turn everything into a grey shade. The target still is orange, but it to is not as bright. Seemed to dull all colors.

Bronze seems to make everything HD. The colors are all more defined, and seems to be easy on the eyes. Therefore Bronze would be my pick.

As mentioned above, my eyes are going to be different then your eyes, so you have to experiment. Jon

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Bronze is a good all around color, and doesn't tire you eyes. Dark purple is
very good for bright days and a backround of trees.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
I have to agree with the old goat. Tried all the colors and I now use clear anti reflective in all conditions. It seems like getting the most light is what's working the best for me. If the sun is in my eyes I put on a hat. Bill

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Hap said, "...looking and seeing with intensity isn't the same thing."

That's a great pointer and a huge point all novice shooters need to get. It took me quite a while and a lot of misses to fully grasp it.

-Gary

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.