Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have been using CompnChoke and like it but ready to buy another choke in a different constriction. Patternmaster,Kicks, angleport,CompnChoke anybody like one better than the other?

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Over the years I've had pretty good results with Briley. Also, they will replace it if you find it defective.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have had good results with Briley and Muller. Only thing I like about the Muller chokes over the Briley chokes is how light they are in weight. I shoot Imp. Mod. choke restriction.

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
Tmaster, remember, most of the greats settled on fixed chokes. sooo, don't go sporting clays on us and get fixated on choke choices..

as far as I'm concerned, you can buy all you need from Carlsons and they will work fine...

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
One not all chokes are designed to work with very brand of gun. Brileys are great with Infinity's & MachOnes. I found Wrights to be the absolute best with Beretta Optima Bores.

Do your homework, if you see a AA27AA shooter using your gun, ask him what chokes he uses.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Today I was playing around to see how far back I could still get good breaks with my Infinity with a LM Briley extended choke & 1 oz of #8's @1185 (STS)---worked real good on the 23 yd line.

Might order an IC choke for singles.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Premium Member
1,642 Posts
Tried CompnChoke, Kicks, Briley and standard chokes. Browning extended chokes made by Briley and Briley extended chokes provide me the best results. Prefer Improved Modified for singles and Full for handicap (24) since the choking is tight enough to provide feedback on center core hits. Ralph

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hello: I think it also depends on what loads you are using. I have been patterning different brands of chokes for my 7/8oz loads. I have been using LM, Mod, Improved mod and even light full. My best average has been with the Light Full Briley Spectrum extended choke. The Muller U3 works well also. Going to try some more tomorrow in my Beretta 682E. Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
507 Posts
If you shoot the target when it is just past it's peak and heading for the ground, for heavens sakes shoot FULL CHOKE!!!

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Karla, that is a wonderful post.

"He shot the choke that came in his Beretta."

That is just too obvious, too simple. All the guys here know you can't use the choke that came with the gun. That choke just has to be replaced with some expensive, exotic looking, flashy colored wonder choke. That is ridiculous.

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
"I was not questioning the constriction just the best manufacter"

That is strange TM because you also said this in your original post.

"have been using CompnChoke and like it but ready to buy another choke in a different constriction."

Seems like you should know what you have already said before you deny its meaning.

Bob Lawless

1 - 20 of 22 Posts