Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you can change the stock and/or replace the step rib barrel with a flat rib sporting barrel to give you a different feel or fit. another model of the 391 is the sporting which has a flat rib and a different stock from the parallel trafet that you have. try shooting one of these sporting models and if it feels and fits better, you can convert your 391 by swapping out your barrel and stock for the sporting ones. FWIW. jm

·
Registered
542 Posts
You might want to try changing the shims in the stock. Most of the trap models come with a 40/45 or 42.5 I think. Try a 55 or 60 before you spend a bunch of money.
Worked well for a shooter at out club.
Good luck

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
I use my sporting for everything. Fits my odd shape better. The shims aren't the answer for raising the comb. When you change the shims you change the angle of the stock, so the butt is higher or lower, the angle of slope changes, and the pitch changes. It the stock fits but you want it higher or lower, you need an adjustable comb. Tron does those, I believe.

·
Supporting Vendor
10,459 Posts
I would never pay the extra for a Teknys. The ribs have a tendency to pop off along with the blue side plates on the stock grip and the mid beads vanish. I think of these guns as tools and they are great shooters...but never collectors items. They are all mechanically identical and the parts all interchange, so there is no advantage to the Tekneys.

There, that's my rant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.