Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously.... does anyone here know what happened to Grammie, the Opinionated, Intellectual, old fart that always had a cynical, cryptic and honest solution for everything...???

I know he hailed from one of the Phoenix, AZ suburbs or close to there...

I miss his acerbic commentary...

Curious

regards

·
Registered
583 Posts
you mean the same grammie who pretty much predicted all that's been happening with the stock market? I also enjoyed his wisdom.

E

·
0 Posts
Love or hate ole Grammie, but he wasn't afraid to speak his mind. 9 times out of 10 he was right.

ec90t

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Hi Grammie<br>
He may be lurking out there watching the threads. I bet it is just killing him to not respond like he used to. Time will be the final scorecard on Grammie. When I first read his postings, I thought he was way off. How many of his predictions are coming true is a little bit scary. IMHO YPMV

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
I would absolutely LOVE to hear his take on current economic happenings...right or wrong, doesn't matter. He was always interesting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
When Grammie was saying something on here everyday I didn't really care for the man. Then I met him and his wife at the Las Vegas Gun Club and I always liked him ever since. He has his opinions but most of the time he turned out to be right.

He and his wife are very nice people and I would be happy to spend time with them at another shoot.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Now maybe I can have some of the punctuation Grammie seemed to love. I was always afraid to is commas or question marks believing that maybe he had used them all up!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I remember his musings on the coming war in Iraq and what would happen. He really nailed that one along with many other of his dissertations.

I always considered his opinions since he was an equal opportunity critiquer.

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
Grammie is alive and well, I bowled in a tournament with him today as a matter of fact ... We placed 12th out of 55 other teams and John carried us (way to go Buddy) ... I have been lead to believe that Grammie was banned for refering to the Moderators as Nazi's which is not something that would be taken lightly by a multitude of people so he created his own demise by not apologizeing when he was called on it ... I tried to talk some sense into him but he is pretty damn hard headed otherwise known as stubborn so its kind of like a stand off between him and David or one of the Moderators ... I have an advantage because I see and bowl with Grammie several times a week so I still get some of his ideas without all of the punctuations marks ...Personally, I wish he would give it up, man up and apologize but I'm not going to bet on it happening ... I will pass on the good words, maybe they will eventually help convince him to do what he has to do and be done with it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Sheeet...people have called me a lot worse than a Nazi, and I didn't care...but then again, I'm not a "control freak." There are some pretty excitable people on here...on both sides of the curtain.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Ole Grammie spewed out so many things that he had to be right ever once in awhile. Hardly makes him a sage as so many seem to think.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks WPT, for the explanation, I kind of thought it may have had to do with being banned....too bad, his was a voice of logic and pain, humor and clarity, he has an active mind and he is missed.

regards

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Thanks again Bill for the explanation. Too bad, his "humor" and comments were more accurate than people wanted to hear. I also miss his postings on here. Hopefully I can get to meet him this winter at Ben Avery. Thanks again,Bob

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.