Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:
Where were you 50 years ago today?

I was in Miss Boho's class. Before they announced what happen to President Kennedy someone came into the class and spoke to her. I remember she started crying. Then a few minutes later the announcement was made and they let us all go home from school.

Do you remember exactly what you were doing and where you were when you first heard that President Kennedy was dead.
Steve Balistreri
Wauwatosa Wisconsin

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I was in Kenny Griggs' Andvanced English class, Sophomore year in high school, when the intercom came on with a live radio broadcast stating that the President had been shot in Dallas. The bell rang and as we changed classes the halls were eerily quiet. A couple of minutes after arriving in Algebra class the intercom came on again announcing his death. The teacher asked for a moment of silence. Martinpicker

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I was at Aspen Hill Elementary in Rockville MD. The teacher said president Kennedy has been shot, and we were to go home.

I got home and my mom was crying, she was an emergency room nurse on second shift at Walter Reed Hospital. They needed her there ASAP. A day and night I will never forget.

Also, seeing Jack Ruby shoot Lee on live TV was another one. Thanks Mixer

Wayne

Edited

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Since it is my birthday I can't forget. I was in Algebra class in my freshman year in high school. It was announced that JFK had been shot and then that He was dead. We were told to remain in class until the buses arrived to take us home. It was hard to believe at first. Jackie B.

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
I was in 6th grade home room classroom.We were sent home ASAP...KS-OKIE

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
It was Lee Harvey Oswald that got shot on tv by Jack Ruby.

Eric

·
Registered
299 Posts
I was just getting ready to go out with my wife and friends to our local country pub for a few pints of good strong ale. Maurice ( The Brit. )

·
Molon Labe
11,990 Posts
I was in a pretty small school the whole K-12 was less than 150 kids they called us all into the dining room/gym and told us about it and then they sent us home

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
Just walking into 8th grade english class........rumors in the hallway.....no other announcement and did not send anyone home....

·
Registered
906 Posts
I had just graduated from Basic Training at Ft. Dix, NJ, and was on a bus in Philadelphia on my way to AIT at Ft. Holabird, Md. JPM

·
Registered
279 Posts
Was in 9th grade history class when a teacher came in and told Mr, NELSON the news and he sat at his desk crying for seemed like 3 to 5 minutes. Then he told us what had happened , we all just sat there and maybe 20 mins later over the pa they sent us all home .Then watched it for 3 days on tv , I will never forget it .In Madison wis .
James Droster

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can not believe that it has been 50 years since that awful day. I remember watching tv when Oswald got shot. I said to myself what is going on?

Hard to believe that Oswald was that good of a shot with that cheap $12.00 mail house gun. I know someone who took the tour of the book depository and he said the shot was actually a lot closer than it looks in the news footage.
Steve

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
I turned 54 earlier this month. So I guess I was four when JFK got shot. All I remember is being miffed that my cartoons were preempted by the news.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I was in a squadron meeting. It was announced that the President had been shot and we were to go home and prepare to deploy. Our Air Force mission was to airlift ICBMs. Ron

1 - 20 of 66 Posts