Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
964 Posts
Joe, I used to shoot sporting clay with you. My name is Skip. I shoot at Coffee Creek Conservation Club in Commiskey, IN. It is about 40 miles from Louisville up Indiana State road 3. They shoot games every Saturday from around 3:30 on. They shoot a Calcutta around 7:00pm. Come up and see us. We are shooting today. They are having a Calcutta today starting around 10:00am. A good bunch of guys. You will like it.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those were the days! A lot of water under the bridge since then. I can't make it today but will in the near future.
Great to hear from you. Look forward to seeing you again.
Joe

· Read Only
3,349 Posts
Games can be shot at Fern Creek Sportsmans Club on Thursdays from 5:30 PM to 10:00 PM. You can also shoot practice and there is usually a bird race of 35 or 50 targets. The bird race is either 10 16 yard or 25 16 yard targets plus 25 handicap based on what you break on the 16's. The rules change from time to time.

Spencer County Sportsman's Club in Taylorsville, KY (30 miles from Louisville) shoots on Saturday night from 6:00 PM until the last dog is hung, usually to near midnight. They shoot a lot of killers and long range games. Bring your "A" game and porch loads. There is usually a $10 killer every Saturday. Don't get within 100 yards of the place without hearing protection once the shooting starts.

Indian Creek is a great place to shoot practice trap, ATA trap on the 2nd weekend of each month and Thursdays, skeet, 5 stand and sporting clays. However, they no longer shoot games.

There are other clubs within easy driving distance of Louisville, KY. Once you shoot at Taylorsville or Fern Creek, you can probably find a place to shoot games on most days of the week.

Most of the serious trapshooting around Louisville is games. Killers (like an Annie) are very popular.

Ed Ward

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.