Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a tm1 i would like to send and get it reblued (may not be proper term)
guns in arizona but will send where needed any ideals. has been to s&w for rebuilding this is final step

·
Registered
69 Posts
Roger Eubanks did a reblue on a Model 42 for me and it came back like new. He would be my choice for any bluing projects.

Rich Davis

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I'm just curious? Why do you want it re-blued? 99% of re-blueing hurts the value of the gun, and does not make it shoot any better, or sell any faster.

Wayne

·
Registered
492 Posts
My vote is for the Gun Dr.

Doug's Gunsmith Shop

3929 8th. St. SW

Backus, MN 56435

218.947.3600 Give him a call. He did a great job on my "restored TM-1".

Hal

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
There is a guy called Big Al down at the Tucson club who does some nice work from what I have seen ... Ask some people to point him out and get together with him ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I have often wrestled with the bluing question on my super x1,yes value will be lost and quite frankly most of the rebluing jobs I have seen never looked quite right,a lot are damned ugly and I seen fine shotguns completely wrecked by crap workmanship,but the bluing on the receiver is getting pretty bad after thousands and thousands of rounds being shot threw it from trap and numerous hunting trips and overall my super x1 is not worth that much anyway(its nice! a trap model with beautiful wood and a monte stock, but value is less than 1k) and I checked the work and reasonable pricing of glenrock blue and it gives me pause,humm what to do?????

Damn, you guys got me all wound up this sunday mourning!

·
Registered
204 Posts
My advice would be to send the gun to Dan at Giacomo Sporting. He did a TMX for me a while back. Looks as good as new. No complaints at all. Their prices are fair and the quality of the their work is second to none. Good luck. Tim

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
Glenrock has done ALL of my Perazzi business rebluing.

I can 100% guarantee that you will not be disappointed. They are probably the best there is, and are now doing Weatherby's bluing.

Whiz

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts
My buddy had Phillip Crenwegle do his. He is very picky and was very pleased with results.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Have had excellent work done by Glenrock and Doug The Gun Doctor. If your TM-1 needs only bluing than either will do a great job. However if you want someone who really knows the gunsmithing and repair of Perazzis than I would go with Doug. 3 years ago he rebuilt and reblued my TMX and people still comment on its function and appearance.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Thank You WPT.

gnusbaum, a PM has been sent

Al Lingham,

I have 40+ years of learning doing re-bluing firearms

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Thank you whiz

Al