Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Serious? Wow...never have seen monoblocks sold separately. I have seen monoblocks reused when "sleeving' older SxS but never a monoblock replacement.

May I ask, what happened to the original block?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw a while back that Jim "Whiz" White had sold one here a while back, but I think he purchased it from the guy (can;t remember his name, maybe Marcello?) in Italy that makes or obtains some Perazzi parts.

·
Banned
2,644 Posts
Whatever it is is that you intend to do it's gonna be REAL EXPENSIVE !!!!!

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Still confused, the barrels are inserted into a solid block of steel (monoblock) and brazed or soldered in place and then mounted onto the receiver by way of lugs or hooks. If it's a momeblock than that's a machine shop item, no factory or gunsmith for that matter would sell such a high liability item as a separate item.
Briley may be a source but they would want to make the attachment because of the aforementioned liability.

Surfer

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I don't know of anybody, manf, machine shop, or gunsmith who stocks or sells monoblocks.

To Truthseeker - you used the correct term. Monoblock is indeed (as Dead on 4 indicated) the hunk of steel into which the barrels are soldered. Please, again....why do you want a monoblock. I can't imagine blowing up a monoblock but still have barrels to fit into a new one. Also, if its a wear related issue, they can be welded up for worn away metal and reshaped/refinished. So, what happened?

·
Registered
148 Posts
When Stan Baker was alive he supplied the mono blocks for his Big Bore barrels for Perazzi's. I don't know if he had a source or if they were made especially for him, they were plain no markings of any kind on them. I also know that he could not obtain mono blocks for Beretta O/U barrels, you had to forward complete barrels to him if you wanted a Big Bore barrel for a Beretta O/U and he would modify and use the existing mono block.

·
Registered
14,153 Posts
I believe Marcello had some for sale some time ago.

But by the time all is said and done, it will cost you more to have what you're proposing done than it would cost to just buy a complete set of barrels.

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Making them would be an easy task for a machine shop, had they a mind to do so. They are pretty basic items when compared to what is made every day around the world.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Decimas54 might be able to help you out. Marcello is able to get Perazzi stuff like that. I thought I remember him having one for sale a few years ago.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts