Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon. What are your best sources for finding used trap guns?

·
Premium Member
5,568 Posts
A large ATA shoot or right here on trapshooters.com!

·
Super Moderator
3,273 Posts
Read the rules to the forum, before you put yourself in jeopardy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea but thats for selling guns on the forums im asking what is a good place to get guns

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would visit your local gun club. At ours someone is always trying to sell one to upgrade to something different.

·
Super Moderator
5,333 Posts
Yea but thats for selling guns on the forums im asking what is a good place to get guns
You've already been given a good place: a large ATA shoot.

Where are you located? If people know that they are better able to direct you to a shop/vendor who carries trap guns.

·
Registered
11,142 Posts
Well besides looking in the vendors, and member section on here!!! You could try in no particular order.

Allem's guncraft
Joel Etchen Guns
Guns Unlimited
Pacific Sporting Arms
HI-Grade Shooters Supply
Able Ammo
The Outdoorsman of Santa Fe
Grey's Shotgun Cache
Monsoor's Sport Shop
Jaqua's Fine Shotguns
Indiana Gun Club
Bob Schultz Target Shotguns
Gipson Quality Firearms

Of course you can add all the Krieghoff & Kolar dealers to this list if your so inclined.

Krieghoff's 3 top dealers are
1) Dupont Krieghoff
2) Pacific Sporting Arms
3) Paxton Arms

Kolar's largest dealer is---Elite Shotguns

I hope this gives you a few places to start your search for the perfect shotgun. All of these vendors have been, and many still are listed in the Trap and Field Mag. break em all Jeff

·
Administrator
8,663 Posts
It is always a good thing to be aware of forum rules for buying and selling on a forum.

Here are some easy ideas

1. Look at the vendor here that support this site. Many have great values in stock.
2. Once you become a participating member you can access the member clssdifieds.
3.take a good look at the boards at your local clubs. There is always someone selling a trap gu.
4.join the ata and subscribe to trap and field magazine there are always dealers listing their new and used inventory.
5. Once you become a participating member here you can put up a want to buy ad here.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Well besides looking in the vendors, and member section on here!!! You could try in no particular order.

Allem's guncraft
Joel Etchen Guns
Guns Unlimited
Pacific Sporting Arms
HI-Grade Shooters Supply
Able Ammo
The Outdoorsman of Santa Fe
Grey's Shotgun Cache
Monsoor's Sport Shop
Jaqua's Fine Shotguns
Indiana Gun Club
Bob Schultz Target Shotguns
Gipson Quality Firearms

Of course you can add all the Krieghoff & Kolar dealers to this list if your so inclined.

Krieghoff's 3 top dealers are
1) Dupont Krieghoff
2) Pacific Sporting Arms
3) Paxton Arms

Kolar's largest dealer is---Elite Shotguns

I hope this gives you a few places to start your search for the perfect shotgun. All of these vendors have been, and many still are listed in the Trap and Field Mag. break em all Jeff
I would also add Dawson's Enterprises and some of our great gun smiths, they typically have some for sale from time to time:

Phillip Crenwledge
Don Rackley (vendor)
Pat Laibs
Carl McKnight
All American Armory (vendor)

·
Super Moderator
3,273 Posts
Sorry, you sounded like a guy trying to solicit offers. Glad that's not the case.
Good luck in your search.

·
Vendor
19,787 Posts
Take a few days travel adventure and visit Jaquas, Target shotguns, and Indiana Guns. If yhou have $ 6000 to spend you will be successful. If funds are limited to 3-4 grand, buy new browning, Beretta etc.

·
Registered
11,142 Posts
Yep, Mike is a good guy. So are the other vendors listed on TS.com's vendors pages. Get there contact info and call or E-mail them for a list of there current used Trap shotguns. Be sure to give them your price range, and what your looking for perhaps to narrow the search. A single barrel, O/U, or semi auto!!! Good Luck to Ya. break em all jeff

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone for the suggestions
I have just one more question how are the browning citori and the cynergy

·
Premium Member
3,145 Posts
The Citori is the best shotgun for the money ! (actually they might be the best shotgun EVER)
They make a ton of different variations...

The Cynergy is a good gun too, BUT very few gunsmiths will work on them.

·
Registered
11,142 Posts
browning citori and the cynergy
The Citori line is the best value shotgun for the dollar anywhere in the world, Bar None!!!

The Cynergy is not as good. No release triggers, and hard to get work done on them, as mentioned above. Some Cynergy's have a funky recoil pad that limits the aftermarket pads available for this make shotgun as well. Factory pads are known to be as hard as hockey puck on some shotguns.

18 posts and no one has mentioned Terry Jones?
Well I kind of mentioned him indirectly, when I said check the vendors here first. I just did not use all the names of our TS.com Vendor's!!! As we have many fine folks on here. break em all Jeff

1 - 20 of 54 Posts