Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of friends at our club have 16 gauge guns and say that they can't get ammo. Is anyone else having like problems?

Ed Yanchok

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Anyone with access to a computer can get 16ga ammo.

Off-the-shelf is splotchy, but some WalMArts, KMarts, Dicks, BassPro still carry some.

There's plenty of choices in premium hunting stuff; plinking/target, not so much. But Winchester, Federal, Remington and Fiocchi all make a 1 ounce load of #7.5 & 8 @ 1165-1200 fps that will handle all your target needs. You'll rarely see any < $6/box these days and reloading makes more sense than ever, especially for folks wanting 7/8 ounce for lightweight guns.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have 5 16 gauges and i reload mostly. You can get loaded target loads from Grafs, Able ammo, Gamaliel. I have bought Rio's, Remington, Noble sports and Estate's. Hope's this helps.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Besides those already mentioned, Ballistic Products, RST, Able Ammo, Midway USA, Sportsmans Guide, Cabelas, t name a few more. Most of the larger retail and wholesale houses have atleast alittle.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Beware of that Rio stuff. One of their loads in 16 that is most often found on dealers shelves is 3-dram equivalent, Heavy Field Load. If you aren't aware of it, it'll set yours ears back when you shoot it, especially in lighter weight guns such as the Ithaca M37 or SXSs. If you reload, try Federal/Estate ammunition as those cases generally will give 3 reloadings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.