Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve seen a couple shooters with large, laundry bag sized, mesh bags with handles and a spring closure at the top. I’ve searched the interweb and can’t find anything like what I’ve seen. All the people I know who have them said they bought them at a large state shoot awhile ago. Does anyone know what I’m talking about and where I could find one?

·
Perazzi MX10RS
2,023 Posts
I’ve seen a couple shooters with large, laundry bag sized, mesh bags with handles and a spring closure at the top. I’ve searched the interweb and can’t find anything like what I’ve seen. All the people I know who have them said they bought them at a large state shoot awhile ago. Does anyone know what I’m talking about and where I could find one?
Wild Hare makes them:

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
I use the Wild Hare ones - Hulls go from either my vest or the hull hamper attached to my shell box and then into one of the wild hare large hull hampers. Then I sort and inspect them at home and reload them. I have two of the 400 size hampers that I bring with me.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perfect! The wild hare ones are just what I was looking for. Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
I just use the cheap shopping bags made from recycled material, but I can see where the mesh bags would keep dirt out. May have to look into Walmart Bag.

·
Registered
32,289 Posts
A local vendor here in Denver Colorado named Kelly Stout sells what you are looking for. Guys hang these bags on their gun carts.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Wild Hare Makes a good one mine will hold 500 plus has the spring loaded closer your looking for and two fabric carrying handles.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I guess I need to step my game up! I am just starting out, but have just been using a plastic bag or small trash bag to this point. Not the most convenient, but the price is right! I will check out the other mesh options.

·
Registered
250 Posts

I bought this one at the Grand from Gipson. I think they were $25 each or two for $40.

It will hold about 800-1000 empties.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I guess I need to step my game up! I am just starting out, but have just been using a plastic bag or small trash bag to this point. Not the most convenient, but the price is right! I will check out the other mesh options.
Oh the disgrace! How dare you?! Lol, I’m kidding. I’ve been using trash bags and what not too. My shooting buddy shoots new Nitro 27 shells for his handicap so every shoot I get at least 200 new once fired hulls. I wanted a more durable bag to leave with him then swap out for an empty one once he fills the first. So, I ordered two Wild Hare bags. I think they’ll fit what I’m looking for.

·
Registered
32,289 Posts
I have a couple large zip lock bags, maybe 3 gallon size? They will hold a couple hundred hulls and keep the stink in the bag and not smell up my vehicle until I get home and let the hulls air out outside at home.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a couple large zip lock bags, maybe 3 gallon size? They will hold a couple hundred hulls and keep the stink in the bag and not smell up my vehicle until Inget home and let the hulls air out outside at home.
That's an excellent idea as well. That is a viable option and would be easy to acquire!
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
I believe Lonesome Charlie's has these.
However, I don't like mesh laundry bags, I prefer the solid bags. Can't tell you how long they last, never replaced one.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts