Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a good supply of reclaimed shot or is there anyone in Tucson area that sells shot for cheaper than $39 / 25# ?

I want to get my reloads down to under $5/box and I'm not sure that I can. Currently cost $5.19 / box for me to reload and shot is my biggest expense. I search around and find some deals here and there but would like to find a better supply than constantly searching all the little shops in town.

And any suggestions to help save some $$ would be great. I'm paying roughly $3.20/100 for win primers,
$10/500 wads, $21/lb for powder , hulls for free..

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful input (never a sarcastic moment on TS)

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Order shot from leadminer. He posts here on TS. Got nice reclaimed shot. Ships in box about 70# for around 90. bucks

·
Registered
21,599 Posts
Does anyone know of a good supply of reclaimed shot or is there anyone in Tucson area that sells shot for cheaper than $39 / 25# ?

I want to get my reloads down to under $5/box and I'm not sure that I can. Currently cost $5.19 / box for me to reload and shot is my biggest expense. I search around and find some deals here and there but would like to find a better supply than constantly searching all the little shops in town.

And any suggestions to help save some $$ would be great. I'm paying roughly $3.20/100 for win primers,
$10/500 wads, $21/lb for powder , hulls for free..

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful input (never a sarcastic moment on TS)
Just remember that even at your $5.19/box you are currently achieving, you are actually saving money. Compare your reloads to premium shells at $7.80-$9.00/box and you really see the savings. Of course you have to use quality new shot to compare your shells to premiums. This is how I view my reloads. The new shells closest in price to my reloads are bottom of the barrel entry level budget shells. I don't think they come close to comparing in quality to my reloads.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
If you are looking for a larger quantity of new shot, try McAlister Shot. JR Shot out of Oakdale CA is selling 65# of good quality shot in a USPS box. I think it was about $85, but he has advertised on here do a search. JR is good shot now that they have the graphite situation toned down, no steel, dirt or pebbles. Leadminer is reported to have great shot as well just need to determine who has the best deal and if you want new or used.

·
Registered
37 Posts
At $5.19 a box I would not even bother reloading with reclaim. Mind as well just grab the walmart special. I noticed my local Walmart had winchester's on sale for 5.48 and federal for 4.98 a box.

Kind of hard to beat those prices for factory loads with new shot vs. Your time reloading plus your getting reloads with reclaim.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,266 Posts
At $5.19 a box I would not even bother reloading with reclaim. Mind as well just grab the walmart special. I noticed my local Walmart had winchester's on sale for 5.48 and federal for 4.98 a box.

Kind of hard to beat those prices for factory loads with new shot vs. Your time reloading plus your getting reloads with reclaim.
He said he is currently at $5.19 a box reloading with new shot. Not Reclaimed. He will save money when he saves money on buying reclaimed lead shot versus the new shot he is currently buying. Also I will put my reloads with reclaimed lead shot up against your cheep Wally world shells any day of the week. Just saying. Terry

Reactions: baron von

·
Banned
207 Posts
just a heads up / fyi you can get reclaimed shot for $30/25#bag from Redlands shooting. that is a delivered price. and its not bad. clean

·
Registered
10 Posts
just a heads up / fyi you can get reclaimed shot for $30/25#bag from Redlands shooting. that is a delivered price. and its not bad. clean
J & S shot is the best reclaimed shot out there. redlands is the cheapest for reclaimed BUT theres is not graphited and each 25lb bag contains about a teaspoon of steel shot and a teaspoon of tiny rocks. So if you dont mind picking out the steel, pebbles, and tumbling it with graphite- go for it. im at about $3.65/box

$.025/primer
$.016/wad
$.035/powder
$.06/shot - 3/4 oz loads

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds like your wads and powder is overpriced. Are you buying 8 lb jugs?
Find cheaper primers too. Nobel sports are usually $22+/- per 1000
Maybe team up with a few guys to buy in bulk.
8 of us at my skeet club just pooled our funds and got shot for $29/bag shipped- 120 bags

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds like your wads and powder is overpriced. Are you buying 8 lb jugs?
Find cheaper primers too. Nobel sports are usually $22+/- per 1000
Maybe team up with a few guys to buy in bulk.
8 of us at my skeet club just pooled our funds and got shot for $29/bag shipped- 120 bags
What type of shot did you buy at $29/bag? Reclaimed or new?

·
Banned
207 Posts
I was just offering another option for someone looking for shot. $29/25# delivered is a good deal. IMO over 30 dollars and you might as well buy new shot.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Take yourself a trip to the Midwest. I would imagine you could find the Leadminer somewhere between Omaha and Lake Michigan.

Sand, warm weather and cactuses have to get old. Do yourself a favor and indulge in a corn field or two, or maybe more.

Terry has the best reclaim lead on the planet! Well worth the trip.

Plus, you won't have to dodge the Mexicans crossing the road and running into the hay fields.

$hit, the coyotes have to eat too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts