Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traveling out of country later this morning, arrived at Miami at 8:30 last night....other than the hotel clerk saying good evening to me, I have not heard a SINGLE word of English spoken around me since????? WTF???
No wait, the airline counter clerk said thank you with a heavy accent!

·
Registered
814 Posts
While down there get a tan, slick back yo hair, and sign up for "free" Health care. Travel safe and I'll see you at the club. (GLTL President)

Bob S

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buenos diaz senor Roberto, I only wish I were hunting doves there instead of a trade show.-El Presidente

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
You're not in Kansas anymore Toto. Miami is an International multi cultural city with an International multi cultural population and workforce. Even For those of us who live here in South Florida it can be a bit frustrating with the language differences but we manage.

Eric

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
South Florida is a hell hole. Too bad it is a tide heading north that can't be stopped. By 2040 the whole country will be Miami. That is only 30 years away. God I hope I'm dead by then.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

Eric

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Where have you been? 25 Years ago I walked into a mall in Miami and saw instead of the typical sign of years past se habla espaniol I saw signs "we speak english". This was 25 years ago!

Native born americans I know speak english with a spanish accent! I also know native born Floridians who speak english with a NEW YORK accent as well.

Miami is a melting pot. Get used to it.

TB

·
Registered
168 Posts
I used to fly quite a bit between Panama or Costa Rica and Miami. The difference was that here were more pople who spoke English in Panama or Costa Rica.

·
Registered
146 Posts
It's not just in Miami. I just returned from a trip to Portland, OR, and half of the people that I came in contact with (taxi drivers, food service personnel, hotel employees, etc.) spoke broken English at best, with various accents.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
One of the major Dallas news stations had a spot the other day describing a new enuciation class available for those who want to sound like a native American. Is that good? I live in Foat Wurth and seems many people here speak no English. Some grocery stores and auto sales magazines are in Spanish...no English.

milt

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
A friend visiting Miami told me he got lost in a part that he couldn't find any English signs, all in Spanish. He said he was expecting his TomTom to start talking to him in Spanish next.

We have slipped so far, this is not a "MELTING POT" any longer, if it was there would be no need for whole sections of cities to become a mirror image of whatever country they immigrated from.

These people want to live in America and enjoy all the rights and privileges but refuse to become Americans. I'm an immigrant myself, but I am an American in every way so don't call me a bigot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.