Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steve W is a freind of mine and i have not seen any postings or comments from him in some time. He lives just a few miles from me and i have tried calling him with no success. My cousin saw him about six weeks ago at a local gun club. he may be out of the country on business. Anyone out there know if Steve W is ok? I would appreciate it if someone can post anything they might know. Steve if you read this let us know.
Thanks,

Jim Veta

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
Jim, before I saw this, I never thought of anyone would remotely care about my well-being. Thank you my friend.

I was on a 3 weeks trip to Asia, mostly business, but got invited to see the World Expo in Shanghai while I was there. I'm back now. See you tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
BTW, thought I'd share some picture with you if you've never been to Shanghai.

stevew_2008_030356.jpg

The west bank of the most westernized & capitalized city in China that has a total population of 21,000,000

It's a city I did't feel I am in a communist country.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Steve: Did you check out the Pearl of the Orient TV/Radio Tower when you were there? AMAZING, as are the pictures inside showing all the construction in Shanghai over the past decade or so. The size of that city makes Chicago seem like South Bend.

-Gary

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
Gary, yes I did, here's the other side of the river

stevew_2008_030357.jpg

And yes, you're right about South Bend, IN. :)

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
Shall I make an O/T thread about the pictures I took in Shanghai? Not sure trapshooters would be interested.

·
Premium Member
11,728 Posts
Steve,

I was in Shanghai for 3 weeks in November 2003.

Yes, it is a center of capitalism, the likes of which most Westerners wouldn't believe. I imagine even more so, 7 years later.

Its funny to think about it, but there are cities over there with 8 to 10 million people in them that most Americans have never heard of.

I went to Wenzhou for a couple of days. City of nearly 8 million people. I'd never heard of it before then.

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
I was surprised how many people speaks English in Shanghai.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Few Americans realize that China has about the same number of English speaking people as the U.S.

-Gary

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.