Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to buy bricks of .22 long rifle for weeks with no luck. Then I started trying to find primers for rifle and pistol. No luck. And just today I tried to find .308 brass. No Luck. I have looked online,locally and it looks like there isn't even an option to backorder primers. What the hell is going on?

·
Molon Labe
12,004 Posts
The day after the election I ordered ammo big time, glad I did, even then some was on back order, I had to wait for the 12,500 22LR's most was still in stock back then though

·
Registered
934 Posts
Ammo is like gold, the only way you can have too much is if you are trying to swim to shore with it in your pockets.

Michael

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Try ordering AR magazines; I went on Midway's website today; all 30 & 40 rounders of one particular brand (I didn't check other brands) were out of stock and backorder not accepted. Also checked a 12 round S&W .22 magazine for a Model 41, same thing. Other news: As American Express will be cutting 5,400 workers soon, I bet .22 & .223 manufacturers are working 24/7. Lead prices according to Kitco closed at $1.0562 per pound. I believe lead will be out performing silver & gold. It's nice to know that we can be saved by minting a trillion dollar platinum coin according to some Einstein (not to be confused with Feinstein) in Washington, D.C. . God, I love this country. BT100dc

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
PANIC: One Million AR-15 Magazines On Backorder...

According to the gun review site, "Haus of Guns," backorders for the Magpul AR-15 30-round magazine ("PMAG") have surpassed one million.

In a Facebook post dated today, January 9, Haus of Guns writes the following:

"Had breakfast with a buddy who has reasonably close ties to the Magpul family. Word is the great PMAG panic backorder of 2012/13 has topped 1 million at Magpul HQ."

Magpul is a designer and manufacturer of firearms accessories. The PMAG is one of their most popular products. It is a 30-round magazine designed for the AR-15 semi-automatic rifle.

Sales of firearms, ammunition and firearms accessories have surged in recent weeks over fears that the Obama administration will soon implement stricter gun laws.

Dianne Fenstien (D-Calif.) plans on introducing legislation that would ban military-style weapons and high-capacity magazines.

Because the PMAG holds 30 rounds, it would fall under the definition of "high-capacity" in the Feinstein bill.

But, before any such legislation occurs, gun enthusiasts are scouring the nation to get their hands on what could be some of the last manufactured PMAGs.

Jerbear

·
Supporting Vendor
6,014 Posts
It's Obama's plan for recovery! Stimulate the firearms and ammunition industries!

His plan is spilling over into the reloader industry too. P/W Auto-Drives are out six weeks right now. The Dillon guys are snapping them up.

Jim Skeel<br>P/W Dealer/Distributor

·
Registered
244 Posts
I was at Gander today had alot of 22lr, also had 223 and 308 said they get a shipment about once a week of ammo

·
Registered
328 Posts
Ok, here's a bit of advice that may help you, perhaps more in the future than at the moment. Election years are a real BAD time to be buying any kind of ammo, component, magazine, etc. Non election years when the shelves are full and the prices are reasonable are a GOOD time to be buying any kind of ammo, component, magazine, etc.

While I do feel your pain, as with many things in life, plan ahead and have a little something in reserve.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Ammo seens to be hard to find and costly I do hope this wil change I will not buy out of fear ! if people would stop buying prices will drop....I hope !

·
Registered
328 Posts
ONEDOLLARBILL...You are correct. Panic buying does drive the market. Last time it took about two years before the prices receded some and the availability returned. Note, I said the prices receded "some".

The sellers of ammo learn that the public will pay the higher price for ammo and have no reason to reduce the price fully until there is a great excess of product. I do not see the great excess for some time.

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
Gander Mountain here in Amarillo is out of ammo. They won't tell you their next shipment. They are the highest priced in Amarillo. Go there about once a month for bargains, but there are none.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Went into Palmetto Distributors today and they just received a shipment of PMAGS (30 rounders), the manager said he refused to list scalpers prices-sold them for 17.00 each with a iimit of 5. Sold every magazine in a hour-props to Mark for holding his ground on the prices!!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Turkeys start panicking just before Thanksgiving....this is no Panic....it is a sober assessment of what is coming up....remember, there are some IMBECILES here that did not vote, voted for a third party candidate or, worse, voted for the Obama.....

·
Registered
979 Posts
Lyrics by Jackson browne;

Give us twenty minutes and we'll give you the world
We bring good things to life
The news you need from people you can count on
Doing what we do best

The heartbeat of America
Your true voice
You're in good hands
Now more than ever before

And in the flickering light and the comforting glow
You get the world every night as a TV show
The latest spin on the shit we're in, blow by blow
And the more you watch, the less you know

Beyond the hundred million darkened living rooms
Out where the human ocean roars
Into the failing light, the generations go
Heading for the information wars

Do people really spend millions upon millions
To make us think we care about the planet
At the same time polluting and looting the only world we've got
So they can maximize their profit?
People do.

The heartbeat of America
Your true voice
For the life of your business
It's everywhere you want to be

And there's a front row seat for the precious few
The latest war as a pay-per-view
Famine and disaster right in front of you
And the more you watch, the less you do

Beyond the hundred million darkened living rooms
Out where the human ocean roars
Into the failing light, the generations go
Heading for the information wars

Sorry, does not appear as verse on this page.TM

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I think I have plenty of ammo (I hope )I added a little more thursday A local rural king had a managerial screw up He priced hornady zombie max ammo at 12.99 a box instead of 21.99 Bought all 24 boxes The manager will probably catch a lot of hell for his screw up. Now where do you hunt zombies?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.