Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On 16 yard and Caps, where do you look for the target? You looking @ trap house lid, over the barrel, or? I have been experimenting with different look points, and was just curious to what others are using?

Matt

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
I hold my gun just below the trap house roof and I look in the area about 12 inches above the roof. Sometimes I see the target well, other times I don't. For handicap (27) I hold a lower gun and look in the same area.

Pat Ireland

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Pat Ireland - Do you use that hold on all the posts? And at all clubs? I see some traps that are hardly above ground level, others several feet above.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I started doing this and it works. What it basicaly says is watch the target and not the shotgun. I have oven wondered why the fast flying quail are easy to hit. It is because your focus is on the target not the gun.

I watched a young shooter shoot skeet at our club Sunday and he was not hitting any targets. When he stepped up to post 5 I stopped him before he shot. I had the bug and told him to call for a target and not shoot. Just watch the target. He smoked the next target, a high house #5.

He did not get all of the last targets but he started hitting more of them.

the 870compman

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
mrskeet410Yes, that is my desired hold on every post and at every club. I want to see the target just as it clears the front of the house. There are times when I start to hold my gun a little higher, especially on singles. I am frequently very rudely reminded to get the gun back down. I shoot with one eye.

When I am shooting I can't think about too many things. I try to concentrate on keeping into the gun and seeing the target. I don't think much about things of lesser importance like an exact hold point.

Pat Ireland

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.