Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I just bought (2) boxes of the Winchester White Box at Walmart. Shoots pretty well from my rifle. Best part is, they are 40 round boxes.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
That's all I can find around here, 45 grainers, not 55. The purpose of the 22-250 is to reach out further than the 223. 45 grainers defeat this purpose. Might as well shoot a 223. And the terminal results at close range aren't any more than using 55 grainers. Red mist is red mist. The purpose of the 45 grainers is to be able to offer a budget line of ammo by reducing the amount of metal in the bullets.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just checked Midway, When you pull up Winchester mixed it says out of stock. Can you buy the powder and bullets to reload? I have lots of empties?

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Beggars can't be choosers. I prefer the 55 grain Varmageddon by Nosler myself but I have exactly 3 rounds of it left and none for sale around here.

I have plenty of brass and 55 grain bullets but no powder.

So I'm shooting 45 grainers. Sorry I wasn't any help.

·
Banned
2,758 Posts
I found 10 boxes for my shop. I have 2 left. Coyote season is open here in NY and a lot of people are buying them.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
I'm stunned at this thread. This many people using and seeking factory ammo for a cartridge that only truly reaches its considerable potential after careful load development via reloading. It would no sooner cross my mind to buy factory 22-250 ammo than to undergo sex change surgery.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts