Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am watching the slopestyle snowboarding tonight. There are few if any spectators. This is the most expensive winter Olympics in history.

Bryan

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
I'm not spectating. The Olympics jumped the shark when they got more and more into politics and when they replaced small bore rifles with lasers.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
We haven't watched any of it so far either. Maybe a lot of people don't want to risk being caught up in the terrorist attacks that the media is promoting. I know I wouldn't go and my wife and I were asking each other a week or so ago if we would allow our son or daughter to participate if he/she was an Olympic athlete.

Ed

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
They're trying to flush their "used" toilet paper down their toilets back at their 6x6 room that has no heating and brown tap water. What do you want for 51 Billion?

blade819

·
Premium Member
18,856 Posts
On the news yesterday(ABC), it was reported that the Russians had blocked all yogurt that was shipped over for our atheletes. Haven't seen an explanation yet. These Olympics are all about one thing and one person-Vladimere Putin and his personal glorification. I will watch some of it to support our atheletes.

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
The yogurt was blocked because of dairy import issues that were not addressed by our government when they should have been.

They said don't put the water on your face, I'm going to take up a collection to send Pelosi there.

HM

·
Premium Member
18,856 Posts
HM- I don't think that will help her. She'll be smashed when her plane lands at Sochi. LOL. Charlie

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Fox said that yogurt co. was a major sponsor to the Olympics for the U.S.

I agree, don't subject Pelosi to that water.....some waters cause the skin to shrink, and tighten. She might get for free, what 200 plastic surgeries could not fix.

Wishing all our athletes "Good Luck"

·
Registered
701 Posts
The only event where actual shooting was replaced with lasers was the modern pentathlon in 2012 during the London Olympics. Modern Pentathlon includes fencing, running, shooting, swimming and equestrian.

In the past they used air pistols from a standing position. There has been a lot of alterations to the events over time. George Patton finished fifth in 1912.

·
Premium Member
18,856 Posts
Bob Costas is a jerk.

·
Premium Member
18,856 Posts
I'll take Jan Brewer over Hildebeast.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
Our Olympic coverage is from the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) and blessedly does NOT include 1 second of Bob friggin Costas. You may even be able to stream live Olympic coverage from CBC.CA or watch in in the border states off air or on cable if it's offered (and avoid BC altogether) and see some balanced coverage to boot...and it was reported on CBC that Russian citizens had to apply well in advance for "permission" to attend the games. Jackboot police state tactics from Putin (former KGB commandant). I will catch a few of our athletes in the events that interest me, and hoping for a Canada/USA final in men's and women's hockey.....that would REALLY piss off Putin!

Ron Burr

1 - 14 of 14 Posts