Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking over the Black Friday ads for guns and ammo, and I can't find a single deal among them.

Gander and Dick's are the only ones local to me, but I checked Cabelas and Bass Pro too for kicks.

Gander has CCI Std Velocity 22lr "on sale" for $4.99/50. That's their regular everyday price. Saturday they will have Remington "Bucket o' Bullets" 1400 count for $70, which is market price to a little high.

Dicks has "Buy one, get one 25% off" on all ammo. That's all well and good, and knocks 12.5% off the shelf price. However, this puts the price HIGHER for Gun Clubs than it was when they were on sale 2 weeks ago.

Dicks has Remington 597s "on sale" for $199.99. That's $20 higher than when they are on sale, and Remington 783s are being sold "on sale" for their regular sticker price. They have the Remington 700 Varmint on sale for $400 after rebate, but after last years rebate horror show, I don't think I'll be getting involved in that again.

Everything else I looked at is either at regular store price, or higher than frequent sale price, or I can get it cheaper online any day of the week. So much for the "door busters".

Anybody actually manage to find any deals they have their eye on, maybe something I missed? Even outside of guns and ammo (which is about the only thing I'd be interested in), it looks like this years Black Friday ads are significantly poorer than they have been in the past few years.

·
Just getting by.....
1,073 Posts
Check out this website. There are more stores out there than the big box sporting goods stores.

So far I've found a 879 Express for $249 before the $30 rebate and a Ruger 22/45 for $199 and 22LR $23 for 525 shipped from Cabelas.

My dealer makes $25 to hand me the gun and I don't pay sales tax.

Tim

·
5,232 Posts
Bass Pro has 22LR FOR $25/500...

j.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I don't much care for that Remington .22 ammo in the bucket, but with no .22 available around me, 5 cents a round is a good deal. I'm buying two.

Wayne

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Just got back from Dick's....Remington 525 value pack of .22 LR's for $19.99 (limit one) and I used a $20 Score check I got in the mail recently. Paul in Virginia

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went to Dick's earlier tonight. Picked up a pair of badly needed sneakers that were $10 less than normal (same price as if you use their $10 off $50 receipt coupon) and I had a $10 scorecard points to burn.

Almost had myself talked into a Savage 308 @ Walmart tomorrow, but then I discovered I can get the same gun, in left hand (instead of setting for a RH gun as I've always done before) with a Nikon instead of Bushnell scope, and a detachable (instead of blind) mag for another $97 any day of the week including transfer cost, and the value of the scope more than offsets the additional cost.

BTW, for anyone interested, Walmart has 20% off select rifles and shotguns tomorrow @ 8am. Nothing spectacular, but if you had your eye on something there, might be worth swinging by to see if what you wanted is on sale. This was not part of their print at, but part of their online version, so I'm sure not many people know about it.

·
Sponsors a Reloaders for Youth Program
11,679 Posts
BPI has a Black Friday sale, but their prices are always high, so I believe it's the same situation skeet_man has discovered; no real deals. As far as I know, deals can only be had by going to distributors like Sunset in Iowa. There's only contact info on their website, but their prices are very good. One guy collects orders from everybody in the club and then distributes the shipping proportionally. It's a big job but a lot of guys benefit.

www.sunsetdist.com

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Dicks also had 5.56 ammo for $6.97 box of 20 limit 6 boxes. Bought 6 boxes and box of Remington .22 for $19.99. Didn't go for ammo, went for a gun safe, got everything I went for.

·
Banned
996 Posts
Bi-Mart here had about 50 cases of those sitting out on the floor for the same price and the shelves full of other ammo, strange to me this day the shelves are full and not before. Prices no different on anything else.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts