Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you noticed that we are getting longer barreled guns and with extended choke tubes but you can't find long enough cases for them?

·
Vendor
7,099 Posts
i purchased a black powder rifle soft case extra long and zippered- cabelas catalog!

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Merlyn who is owner of Merlyn's Guns has some extra long cases. I believe they are $20 but don't hold me to it. His number is 636-456-1012.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
The Gun Boy made my Wild Hare has a 54" case which is long enough for a Beretta 391 with a 30" barrel and extra long extended chokes. It's about $30 or so. Beretta sells that case under their own name.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Another soft case style that's hard to find is one that clears high mounted scopes or very long scopes. These used to be common, but my guess is the marketing bean counters simply said they could save money making a "one size doesn't fits all" case to save material and other costs.

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
I recently bought a longer soft case from Midway USA for a custom rifle I had built.

Ed

·
Registered
81 Posts
There was an old thread regarding the long cases, I bought mine at cabelas it is 60" seems well made and in the USA to boot here's a pic. Joe

·
Vendor
7,099 Posts
thats the one i bot-- folds out nice for working on a gun also

·
Registered
184 Posts
Here a link to one that Ballistic Products carries.

http://www.ballisticproducts.com/prodinfo.asp?number=1311508

It is designed for the "Old" Ithaca Mag-10. It says 58 inches and should fit whatever you have.

I have a 56" Browning case that has a couple inches left on my 32" Mag-10.

Good Luck,

Will Gurton

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.