Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Steve, had the same situation this past April. All I can say is be with him to the very end and remember the good times.................

to my dog.png

Reactions: Steve12

·
Registered
286 Posts
Steve- had a 14 year old Chocolate that I had to put down 2 years ago. She had bladder cancer. Smartest dog I ever had and the hardest headed one too. Couldn't let her suffer any longer. It's a hard decision but you know when it's time. Best of luck.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Steve12,

You obviously loved and cared for your dog, and now know what has to be done. I commend you for being such a responsible owner!

I'm going to be faced with that unfortunate part of enjoying my dog's companionship over the last 12 years. I will have reservations about having another dog, but I know that the joy is well worth the unpleasantness of being a responsible pet owner in the end.

Take Care,
Steve

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Been there done that, others have said to stay the course and be with them till the end.
I have been there twice, the first one I did not stay and regretted it, the 2nd time I did stay and it was the right thing to do, hard to do but was right choice.
I feel for you, nothing like loosing a loyal pet/member of the family.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Steve12. Our condolences. We had to put our Yellow down a couple years ago and I still think of her so often. We were so blessed having her in our lives.

Great photos. Will say prayers for you and family.

The Bartholows

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
He knew every one at the vet. As they took him down the hallway they let him say" I am so happy to see you". He smiled and let the world know he love everyone up to his end. He never suffered . He will always in my heart.

Thanks guys.
Steve

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
With me it's when I can say, " You deserve much better than this".
I guess that's the price we pay for such precious treasures. It proves that nothing in life is ever free.

I hope that you and you family can find peace and comfort.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Steve 12, I understand your sadness.

We have been blessed with the sweetest Cairn Terrier for 17 years, sadly her time is coming to and end.
She is blind, her hips are bad and needs our TLC just to find her food and water. I'm tearing up just writing this post
and having a hard time coming to the reality that very soon I'll taking her to the vet for the last time also.

Eddie

·
Registered
456 Posts
As a dog owner, I've been there as well. Quality of life trumps our need for their companionship. I do commend you for your decision, and feel your pain at the same time.

As said earlier, usher him over and remember the good times!

Floyd T.

·
Premium Member
18,261 Posts
Steve- Sorry for your loss. I have been through that several times. Prayers sent.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Well Steve, I don't have any words that are going to make it easier for You and Your Family. We've been there and it sure wasn't pleasant or easy. They become a part of Your Family the day they come into your life. Giving us of that UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.And they ask for nothing in return. Makes me sick to see anyone Abuse any Animal, they just don't deserve to own a pe. They Just Font Get It. Then the Animal Loves like Us have to deal with this situation. It just ain't right. But You will Always have All of those Memories to Cherish. We will be Praying for You Steve.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Makes me tear up just reading this post....I've been there way too many times my friend..God bless you. There's nothing else I can say.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Sorry about your dog Steve. We have a big old Yellow Lab with some sort of Brain Tumor. Rimadyl is keeping him comfortable.
His best buddy is a little Shiba Inu / Jindo mix that was rescued from a Dog Meat Farm in South Korea. The little dog is going to be lost without him.
We`re dreading the day , and try not to think about it.
God Speed.
Pete

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry about your dog Steve. We have a big old Yellow Lab with some sort of Brain Tumor. Rimadyl is keeping him comfortable.
His best buddy is a little Shiba Inu / Jindo mix that was rescued from a Dog Meat Farm in South Korea. The little dog is going to be lost without him.
We`re dreading the day , and try not to think about it.
God Speed.
Pete
My black lab was raised by my deceased chocolate. He is searching everywhere for him. They have never been apart. He has wined all morning. It is breaking my heart
IMG_20161120_084723.jpg

·
Molon Labe
11,984 Posts
Too bad you had to do it but good that you did, and didn't let him suffer

But his buddy is going to mourn him not being around

For a while we had Great Danes, 4 in all, they were the coolest dogs I had ever been around, but when they got sick, they went down hill real fast, I had to put 3 of them down myself as the vet couldn't get out here or was on vacation, and they were too heavy for us to get them loaded to take them to the vet

Those were three of the hardest jobs I ever had

We will never have another Dane as they die so young. I did get my wife a Welsh Terrier (terrorist), she is a little nut, we love her to pieces

1 - 20 of 29 Posts